Front Blade

/ Front Blade #1  

dj1701

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 4320, Kubota BX2680
Hi All,
I'm thinking of getting a front blade for my JD 4115. I e-mailed my dealer and he came back with a price of $1,095 with quick attach and angle setup for the 54in unit that fits my tractor. Anyone know if this is a good price?

Thanks
Dave

/ Front Blade #2  
I paid $1500 for the front blade and hydro set-up for my 4110.

/ Front Blade #3  
Seems like a reasonable price. I believe it's similar in price and design to the one I have for my 2210. You'll love it in the snow. Get yourself a cow mat at Tractor Supply and make yourself a squeegee if you intend to use it on hard surfaces.

/ Front Blade #4  
JD1701, I dont have or know anything about the front blades but I was wondering how happy you are with the 4115 ? I have a 2210 with about 40 hours on it that I am considering tradeing in for a 4115. Have you had it long ? How many hours ?

/ Front Blade #5  
Doc'

If you need it and the economics work, go for it. I know three things here. 1) Your 2210 is not likely to gain in value; 2) The 4115 is not likely to get any cheaper; and 3) The 4115 is the bee's knees, in my moderately humble opinion. My next step up in a couple years will be to the 4115 or its equivalent at that time.

/ Front Blade #6  
LOL, all true my friend. I almost have the big boss convonced !

/ Front Blade
Doc,
I love my 4115. I think it's the best tractor for the average user. I do not have much land, so a bigger tractor would be to much. They did not have 2210's when I bougt my rig, but I'm sure I would have gone with the 4115 anyway. I'ts big enough you can do more with it, but small enough to get into confined places.

/ Front Blade #8  
When I was shopping I got hit hard with the bigger is better bug. I need to trailer my tracter a few thousand miles a month. I was about to buy a 4410 but at 23k plus the trailer etc I finally just decided to wait. I was interested in the 4115 but in my area it is not a very popular machine so no dealers locally stock them. I did not want to buy with out driveing. When the 2210 came out all I saw was the price tag and and I literally ran to the JD dealer. It has worked well and I am tuelly amazed at what this small machine can do. I like the 4115 because It has a nice balance of HP for my needs. At 1750 # it will offer superior traction to the 2210 and I hate that I do not have a pre set adjustable rock shaft. It is also light enough to put on my trailer and cruise the expressway at 75 mph. I do not want to take 6 hours to get to my property. A typical saturday for me is up at 5 out by 6 drive 4.5 hours work 5 drive 4.5 back home.