John Deere M vs. E series

/ John Deere M vs. E series #11  
I am very much of a fan of buying American products made in America, but it is almost impossible to do that. The E series (with the cabs) are assembled in the US, but I am willing to bet that many if not most of the parts are manufactured elsewhere. If I recall correctly the M series has parts sourced from all over the world as is the case with most of these tractors now days. The cast iron parts on almost everything seems to be cast in either India or China. I'd love nothing more than to only buy US made products, but I have a farm that needs tractors. It is sad, but there is no real way around it anymore.

/ John Deere M vs. E series #12  
Sad but true. only real American stuff is the stuff we couldn't even fit in our barn.

/ John Deere M vs. E series
As I understand it, both tractors are "assembled" in Augusta, Ga. Like every other vehicle made, I expect the components come from all over. T Dew, I'm trading in a 5085M, about which my only complaints are that it's slightly underpowered for my 15-foot batwing mower and only 2WD. I've sat in the E. While the seat isn't quite as cushy as the one in the M, it seems fine otherwise. Thanks again.

/ John Deere M vs. E series #14  
You can install an air ride seat in the E to make it a little more comfortable.

Tom

/ John Deere M vs. E series #15  
JD has a special on RFD-TV today at 7pm(C)

/ John Deere M vs. E series #16  
I haven't had much seat time since it's too wet here, but what little time I've had in my 5083E I would say that I'm quite satisfied. It's a big step up from my Kubota L3800, for sure. I never sat in or even considered an M series, so I'm not any help on the E vs. the M, though. I agree that I like things simple and I don't need every bell and whistle. If I do I can add them with time. As for weight, for what I do, it's heavy enough. I can always add. Other's on here have said that the current E cabs aren't too different from the M's, and I trust the opinions of the members on here. As for the buddy seat, that was key for me. For what I need, I would have saved myself some $$$ and gotten a Kubota M7040 if I could have gotten a buddy seat. Here's a pic below of my buddy seat getting used for the first time!
Buddy seat.jpg
As for country of origin, my 2011 Tundra has a door plate that says "Made in USA". I can easily find parts all over it that were made in China, Mexico, etc. Hardly anything is truly "Made in USA", but I do try to look for it when I can.

/ John Deere M vs. E series #17  
That picture right there proves that the buddy seat is a necessity and worth every penny. It also proves that you can get it in the E series. This thread is actually almost making me wish I had gone ahead and purchased the E vs the M. I debated over it for a long time. I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever machine you purchase.

/ John Deere M vs. E series
Thanks to all. I think I'm good with the E.

/ John Deere M vs. E series #19  
Thanks to all. I think I'm good with the E.

Without knowing much about the M I would say you'd be happy with either. It's a function of features versus pocketbook.

/ John Deere M vs. E series #20  
Congratulations in advance of your purchase. Show us some pictures once you get her.