JD 5E tractors to be highlighted on LIVE RFD TV program - Monday, May 6

/ JD 5E tractors to be highlighted on LIVE RFD TV program - Monday, May 6 #2  
Nice. Thanks, I set it to record it. I hope it's better than the 9 series Baler show they had not long ago.

/ JD 5E tractors to be highlighted on LIVE RFD TV program - Monday, May 6 #3  
Aw man! I wish I could be able to see this, too bad I live in Canada. :silly:

/ JD 5E tractors to be highlighted on LIVE RFD TV program - Monday, May 6 #4  
I almost bought an E series tractor not too long ago, but I decided to go with the M. I am still a really big fan of the E, so I hope this is a good show. I'm looking forward to watching it. Thanks for the heads up!

/ JD 5E tractors to be highlighted on LIVE RFD TV program - Monday, May 6 #5  
Thanks for the post!! I will definitely be tuning in!!

/ JD 5E tractors to be highlighted on LIVE RFD TV program - Monday, May 6 #6  
Kinda surprised the Factory Rep actually said the engine and transmission was coming from India. I admire them for saying it. There's quite a difference between the interior of the 5E and the 5M.

/ JD 5E tractors to be highlighted on LIVE RFD TV program - Monday, May 6 #7  
How was the show? I'm out of town until Wednesday, but I see there is a repeat later in the week I plan to watch. As someone who loves and almost bought one of the E series (and did buy the M) I am really looking forward to seeing the show.

/ JD 5E tractors to be highlighted on LIVE RFD TV program - Monday, May 6 #8  
It was a good program. That 5075E is sweet.

/ JD 5E tractors to be highlighted on LIVE RFD TV program - Monday, May 6 #9  
Just finished watching the rerun this morning, missed the live show last night. Next rerun appears to be Sunday, May 12th, at 2 AM Central Time.

/ JD 5E tractors to be highlighted on LIVE RFD TV program - Monday, May 6 #10  
I watched the show... it was Ok. (I mean, really what kind of nitty-gritty can you expect from a TV show?)

Phone calls in were kinda funny. One guy pinned the attachment's manager's feet to the floor with his comment's that you don't have to leave the tractor seat to hook up implements using the JD quick hitch! You most often DO have to leave the seat to hook up attachments even using the quick hitch.

However, you can open the back window and with a bit of gymnastics drop those levers down to lock position - but, getting the top link adjusted just right - gotta be on the ground.

And the fellow from Texas - (old school, with a 2755) - and his comment, question about the rear transaxle weight and work longevity of the new models versus the old... well, the JD reps were hemmin' and hawin' about that!! 'Course the most truthful response would have been if the customer wants to have a tractor with more or less the same transmission/rear transaxle housing weight-dimensions as the 40-50-55's they'll have to move up to the M class. But, if you haven't seen them side by side - you wouldn't know that.

However, looking at the cabbed E's - they look like a very, very nice machine. And, if the price point to getting into a cab JD E series is as good as the JD reps were hoping to convince folk's that it was... well, then John Deere might be hitting quite a few home runs this year!! :thumbsup:

AKfish