John Deere 1530 Injector Pump Leak

/ John Deere 1530 Injector Pump Leak #1  

ocaj11

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 5325 4wd, Kubota B7500 HST
Hi All,

I've searched the internet using google and tried to search this site without any luck. So, I came to the experts to ask the question directly. :laughing:

We have a 75 John Deere 1530. Fuel is leaking from the injector pump. We can get it rebuilt in the 700 - 900 dollar range, but I wanted to see if there might be a cheaper solution to the problem.

Can these be rebuilt DIY?? Is there an aftermarket supply for these less than $700 dollars? Anyone had a leak they've actually fixed without rebuilding?

Any and all information you have would be helpful. I want to make sure there isn't a rebuild kit available or some other alternative before we lay out the bucks to have it rebuilt.

Thanks.

/ John Deere 1530 Injector Pump Leak
Any duct tape and bailing wire repairs out there? :laughing: Are there any epoxies out there that might work? I'm really just wanting to get the fuel leak stopped the cheapest way possible.

/ John Deere 1530 Injector Pump Leak #3  
do you know where the leak is coming from on the pump ? If its a fitting or fuel line should be relatively,is the pump clean ?

/ John Deere 1530 Injector Pump Leak
It looks like it's coming from where one of the fuel lines exits the injector pump. I'm not sure if those things are pressed in or have some kind of o ring seal?? I guess we'll have to take it apart and take a look. I'll update the thread when we can figure out exactly where it's leaking.

/ John Deere 1530 Injector Pump Leak #5  
It looks like it's coming from where one of the fuel lines exits the injector pump. I'm not sure if those things are pressed in or have some kind of o ring seal?? I guess we'll have to take it apart and take a look. I'll update the thread when we can figure out exactly where it's leaking.

Do you have a picture? I would caution you about taking anything apart or removing the pump without following the proper steps. You can usually remove the fittings without disturbing the actual pump and settings. Not familiar with the 1530 but pretty sure you can get new seals for the injector lines in a kit form.

Depending on the s/n and pump type you should be able to get new washers to seal up this leak as mentioned above, here is a pic from Deere parts on the 1530.

Attachments

• RWP5583________UN01JAN94.gif
    RWP5583________UN01JAN94.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,029
Last edited: