Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1026R

Default saw a 270a backhoe today

It was being installed on a 2320 at the local dealer. Has anyone used one yet? I would like to consider trading in my 1026r tlb for one.

Tractor
    JD 5075M; JD 110 TLB; Ford Ferguson 9N: JD X300R

Default Re: saw a 270a backhoe today

Quote Originally Posted by swick1 View Post
    It was being installed on a 2320 at the local dealer. Has anyone used one yet? I would like to consider trading in my 1026r tlb for one.
    What...? And you didn't even take a quick pic with your phone - and post it here! 10 lashes with a keyboard!!!

AKfish
    "Most people want to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it."

Tractor
    1026R

THE HOLY GRAIL!
    I heard it has a teloscopic hydraulic boom.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1026R

Quote Originally Posted by rockshaft View Post

THE HOLY GRAIL!
    I heard it has a teloscopic hydraulic boom.
    Nope. It looks just like a 260 but longer. It has its own seat and connects to the 3 point arms.

Tractor
    1026R

Nope. It looks just like a 260 but longer. It has its own seat and connects to the 3 point arms.
    Actually, it is subframe mounted. And the tractors 3pt arms can remain on the tractor with the hoe attached
    Looks like its available with an integrated thumb too, also nice.

Looks like I know what to get when I pay off my 1026R

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1026R

Quote Originally Posted by rockshaft View Post

Actually, it is subframe mounted. And the tractors 3pt arms can remain on the tractor with the hoe attached
    Looks like its available with an integrated thumb too, also nice.

Looks like I know what to get when I pay off my 1026R
    It connects to the 3 point and has a subframe.

Tractor
    1026R

Is that so? both subframe *and* 3ph? not sure if that's a good thing or not? I suppose integration could be stronger working together.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1026R

It looked very sturdy. I'm going to pay for an excavator today so ill see if it is still there

Silver Member

I did a little digging on this on the JD Website and discovered that the 270A has been released ONLY for the 2320 and the 2025R. The 3PH is used to lift the BH onto the tractor's subframe and can remain on the tractor while the BH is being used. The mower can also remain on, though if most people are like me when using a BH, you always wanted more clearance, not less. Supposedly, the holdup on releasing the 270 was that deere couldn't get it to work with the 2520 and 2720. Of course, none of this matters now that the entire 2000 series is being replaced by the 2025 and 2032, except by owners of 2520s and 2720s, of course.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1992/318 & 2010/2720 deere

Quote Originally Posted by cttractor View Post
    I did a little digging on this on the JD Website and discovered that the 270A has been released ONLY for the 2320 and the 2025R. The 3PH is used to lift the BH onto the tractor's subframe and can remain on the tractor while the BH is being used. The mower can also remain on, though if most people are like me when using a BH, you always wanted more clearance, not less. Supposedly, the holdup on releasing the 270 was that deere couldn't get it to work with the 2520 and 2720. Of course, none of this matters now that the entire 2000 series is being replaced by the 2025 and 2032, except by owners of 2520s and 2720s, of course.
    Ofcoures this really sicks. as a 2720 owner that has been waiting on this unit for 3 years, when it was called just the 270. My reasoning was simply the work involved in mounting a hoe on my tractor without having to remove the deck and 3PH arms and since I have the hydraulic lifting kit, that would also have to be removed to install the 46. This was just too much of a job since my main use is grass cutting. To me, This is really bad news. Not to mention the High pressure hydraulic line on my tractor has ruptured once again in the same place at the SCV under the seat. This being a problem, I wonder if that line can withstand the pressures of a back hoe. Sad day to find this 270 will not fit the 2520 & 2720. Wonder why this is. Please fill me in with any news you find. I am awaiting news from my dealer on the replacement of that High Pressure line, and hope it was re called , and re manufactured to withstand more than the rated 2,500 psi . If anyone knows anything on this subject please post.

Wooden