Canopy for 5055E

/ Canopy for 5055E #1  

Notforhire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L47TLB
   / Canopy for 5055E #2  
I am 99% sure that is the same brand canopy I had on the JD 2355 and now have one on the Kubota.

Originally the Deere had the factory canopy that looked just like the top of the Sound Guard cab. After it got beat up I replaced it with one like the picture in your link. IMO neither canopy made a difference in the noise level while operating the machine.

The Kubota came with the canopy installed so I have nothing to compare it to.

/ Canopy for 5055E
I am 99% sure that is the same brand canopy I had on the JD 2355 and now have one on the Kubota.

Originally the Deere had the factory canopy that looked just like the top of the Sound Guard cab. After it got beat up I replaced it with one like the picture in your link. IMO neither canopy made a difference in the noise level while operating the machine.

The Kubota came with the canopy installed so I have nothing to compare it to.

Thanks for the info. I presume you are happy with the canopy, since you bought another like it.
Years ago I had a tractor with a homemade plywood canopy. It kept me dry in the rain, but it reflected all the engine noise. It was like being in a drum. I just don't want a repeat preformance.

Best, Bill

/ Canopy for 5055E #4  
I have one of these and like it.. it is steel, with a noise liner, I could not tell any difference in the sound with or without it. I bought it from the dealer. It came in about 2 or 3 weeks. and the dealer and I installed it at my house. If I remember right it was only a $200. He said he gave it to me at his cost as a sweetner on the tractor deal. I dunno what they cost, but it is a good one.

Wells Ag Company - Tractor Canopies

James K0UA

/ Canopy for 5055E #6  
Branson-20120417-00021.jpgBranson-20120417-00027.jpgHere is a couple of photo's right after it was installed, it is just a sheet of bent steel and a steel framework with the noise liner pad, but it works well, and I have hit several smaller branches with it without any damage.. not saying though that hitting a big one would not wad it up, but I think they all can break or bend if you hit something hard enough.

James K0UA

/ Canopy for 5055E #7  
Yes, I am happy with it.

Here is what you can expect as far as sound dampening goes.

image-2015140339.jpg

image-3575109577.jpg

It doesn't look like much but I guess it does its job.

One thing I did on the Deere to make it more enjoyable to drive was to turn the exhaust outlet away from the canopy. That helped a lot.

/ Canopy for 5055E
I have one of these and like it.. it is steel, with a noise liner, I could not tell any difference in the sound with or without it. I bought it from the dealer. It came in about 2 or 3 weeks. and the dealer and I installed it at my house. If I remember right it was only a $200. He said he gave it to me at his cost as a sweetner on the tractor deal. I dunno what they cost, but it is a good one.

Wells Ag Company - Tractor Canopies

James K0UA

James, I sent Wells an e-mail I'll let you know what they have to say, when they get back to me.
In your opion, is their canopy stiff enough to mount lights on? I'm interested in mounting two forward facing and two rearward facing flood lights underneith. Opions?
Best, Bill

/ Canopy for 5055E #9  
James, I sent Wells an e-mail I'll let you know what they have to say, when they get back to me.
In your opion, is their canopy stiff enough to mount lights on? I'm interested in mounting two forward facing and two rearward facing flood lights underneith. Opions?
Best, Bill

I believe it would be Bill, It has a pretty good right angle frame up under there.. look at the photo's I uploaded. and see what you think. but I believe it would be.

James K0UA