2013 1025R FILB coming home

/ 2013 1025R FILB coming home #1  

nikdfish

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3038E & 1025R FILB
Looks like we will be bringing a 1025R FILB home. While cutting & loading a couple of trees at the house the other day, the wife commented that a loader equipped tractor would help out with stuff like that ... so we decided to size something for the house (4+ acres w/ 3+ being wooded) to help with our cleanup/open up activities. The hoe should help with removing smaller stumps, brush & with plantings. No need for a belly mower at this point, so we'll skip that, but will probably order a Bro-Tek thumb & ripper.

With incentives & promotions, the $22,800 list price got down to $19,150 - plus we will do the 0% 60 mo. financing which also lets us take advantage of the low cost JD insurance for it (coverage in case we decide to use it away from the residence location at some point).

Nick

/ 2013 1025R FILB coming home
Supposed to get delivered today 3:30-4:00 PM. Yeah!

Pictures after delivery ...

Forgot the pics until already in the garage.

1025r-1.jpg

Nick

Last edited:
   / 2013 1025R FILB coming home #4  
Wow, congrats! I'm trying to remember the feeling, it's been 9 years since my 2210 was delivered!

/ 2013 1025R FILB coming home #5  
What is your first impression of the backhoe attachment? I have a 1023 that I bought to mow my hilly land and a 4120 with a FEL. Now I'm trying to decide which to add a back hoe attachment to.

First impressions? A little hard to climb onto for a fat man with a bad leg...

I guess it depends on what you want to do. The 260 is not going to pop out even a smallish (4" across) pine stump in one scoop, but it definitely is much preferable to shovel & mattock! I really see the 260's niche as landscape type activities. Grubbing out smallish stumps & brush, digging holes for transplanting, etc. & maybe doing small scale foundation prep for a sheds or pads or light duty trenching. I'm planning on ordering a mechanical thumb & ripper for it from Bro-Tek later this week or next to help with grubbing roots & moving rocks. I think the 1025R FILB makes sense for us as we bought it as our "house" tractor rather than as another "farm" tractor.

BTW, if you hang a 260 on your 1023, you'll need to either add a FEL or a bunch of suitcase weights to keep the front wheels firmly on the ground. It is over 600 lb. located significantly behind the 3 PTH location.

If you have "real" backhoe needs, you'd probably be happier with something sized for the 4120.

Nick

/ 2013 1025R FILB coming home #7  
Lookin Good!

Well I ordered a thumb & ripper from Bro-Tek. They should ship first of the week and get here first of the following.

I had a couple of hours to play with it so far, mostly getting aquainted with the backhoe. We have been doing some trimming so I got to dig up three stumps that were 4 or 5 inches across. It will be interesting to compare that process with how the ripper handles similar ones. I'll have to remember to get some pics.

Nick

/ 2013 1025R FILB coming home #9  
Came close to envy reading your posts! I recently took delivery of a 1026R, but at initial delivery it only had the FEL and a tiller, with the deck and blower being delivered at a later date. Was only recently that I told the dealer to go ahead and get me the backhoe.

Chuckled at your ".. for a fat man with a bad leg.." comment as it fits at this house also except bad knees vs bad leg!

I really want the backhoe to get here so I can play .. er, do some work!

Congrats on your purchase!

/ 2013 1025R FILB coming home #10  
Congratulations, Nick, nice tractor, hoping to join the club soon. Which dealer did you buy from? I checked out the Bro tek site, and it looks to be a very handy tool. Let us know what you think (you hinted there would be more pics), thanks, George