2008 3720 Cab vs 2011 3320 ???

/ 2008 3720 Cab vs 2011 3320 ??? #22  
Once again, thanks to all of you that posted replies. They don't exactly give these tractors away so it's nice to hear all this feedback, especially on the cab (although it looks like you guys are going to cost me some money:))

Several of you recommended taking the machine for a test drive. At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what do you look for? Is there a good checklist somewhere? I would look for leaks, cracks and dings; but the engine and the hydraulics are the items that cause the most concern, and I'm not sure how you differentiate between a 'clean one owner' and an abused piece of junk. I fly airplanes for a living so I have a good conceptual understanding of hydraulics, but we also have defined operating parameters for test flights; minimum cycle times for specific tasks like flap extension, minimum pressures while under specific loads, etc. Anything like that for tractors?

So what did you decide?

/ 2008 3720 Cab vs 2011 3320 ??? #23  
Yep, tell us what is your decision!

/ 2008 3720 Cab vs 2011 3320 ??? #24  
I am a little late to the game on this thread, but I would NOT get a cab. Don't get me wrong though, I love cabs, I think they are fantastic if you are out in the open. However, I can tell you from personal experience that having grown up with tractors and dozers in a forested environment, the only type of cab to have is a forestry cage (or a cage over a cab). Anything with big panes of glass might as well have a giant target painted on it. My neighbor has an O/S like mine but has a factory canopy and has managed to break off both front corners of it in separate tree incidents. I really wanted one of those just to keep me out of the sun, but I realized even those I would have to forego because of my environment. Anyway, not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, just offering another opinion is all. Best of luck.

/ 2008 3720 Cab vs 2011 3320 ??? #25  
Get the CAB! I We the CAB folk implore you to join our ranks of AC/Heat loving seat-time riders!

I have trees on my property and I just nuke the lower-level branches. Otherwise I use the smaller garden tractor for work beneath the large low branches. It does depend on your environment. If you have a bunch of low-hanging thick branches you either cut them or get something small enough to cut the grass without impacting them upon you or your tractor

/ 2008 3720 Cab vs 2011 3320 ??? #26  
I am a little late to the game on this thread, but I would NOT get a cab. Don't get me wrong though, I love cabs, I think they are fantastic if you are out in the open. However, I can tell you from personal experience that having grown up with tractors and dozers in a forested environment, the only type of cab to have is a forestry cage (or a cage over a cab). Anything with big panes of glass might as well have a giant target painted on it. My neighbor has an O/S like mine but has a factory canopy and has managed to break off both front corners of it in separate tree incidents. I really wanted one of those just to keep me out of the sun, but I realized even those I would have to forego because of my environment. Anyway, not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything, just offering another opinion is all. Best of luck.
My dad has ran cab tractors in the woods along with old cab d8' and never break windows. The trick is, you just can't own a cab if you are a big cluts. Or clumsy or clutsy and no cab is good

/ 2008 3720 Cab vs 2011 3320 ??? #27  
My dad has ran cab tractors in the woods along with old cab d8' and never break windows. The trick is, you just can't own a cab if you are a big cluts. Or clumsy or clutsy and no cab is good

At the farm, I have 7 Cabbed tractors, from 50-250 hp. Since I have broken one door on a JD 5420. Are you saying I am a clumsy driver too? Might as well trade all of them in and buy open stations since I'm a clumsy driver now.

And Nooodles, how is a cab no good, how old are you Nooodles? 10 I'm guessing?

/ 2008 3720 Cab vs 2011 3320 ??? #28  
At the farm, I have 7 Cabbed tractors, from 50-250 hp. Since I have broken one door on a JD 5420. Are you saying I am a clumsy driver too? Might as well trade all of them in and buy open stations since I'm a clumsy driver now.

And Nooodles, how is a cab no good, how old are you Nooodles? 10 I'm guessing?

So how did you break the door?

/ 2008 3720 Cab vs 2011 3320 ??? #30  
It was left open and I forgot to close it. :ashamed:

that was being a cluts big ed. Im not saying your a cluts all the time. sometimes im a cluts. The other guy made a clutsy comment. you have to use your head for something other than a hat rack (my pappy always said). when you have a cab you have to watch out fo things. His bx3030 (well mostly mine because I run it ,mostly). I watch out for limbs and stuff. sometimes I will go around with a chainsaw with my buddy and my my friend chip will go in the bucket and I will raise him to get branches to cut that might hit the cab. that's thinkin ahead. I don't want to make a clumsy or clutsy move where my Pap will have to by a new windows