2720 Replaced by 2032R

/ 2720 Replaced by 2032R #1  

jaydee325

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere X584 Garden Tractor & LS R3039H
Started looking at CUTs this spring. 2720 was within the budget but it has been discontinued and replaced by the 2032R.

The surprising thing about this is that the 2032R is not yet in production! One JD dealer indicated that JD was not going to start production until June 3. Another dealer checked his order status and it was showing a September delivery!

Kind of surprising that JD does not have tractors they are showing on their website that won't be available in the near term. I'd think you would have the pipe line full for the spring buying season.

Search continues!:D

Bob

/ 2720 Replaced by 2032R #2  
Yeah, I'm surprised with the lag. I know deere normally doesn't build anything until there is an order placed by a customer with the ag stuff. I would think with the utility tractors though, they would have been ready to go once the old was pretty much cleared out.

/ 2720 Replaced by 2032R #3  
u would think they would do the change over in the fall instead of the summer when people need them the most

/ 2720 Replaced by 2032R #4  
Tis has been driven more by the emissions and going to Tier 4. Their production is being limited as they manage through the transition. Augusta has a ton of new models all coming out this year and it is causing all sorts of shortages.

/ 2720 Replaced by 2032R #5  
Yeah, I'm surprised with the lag. I know deere normally doesn't build anything until there is an order placed by a customer with the ag stuff. I would think with the utility tractors though, they would have been ready to go once the old was pretty much cleared out.

doesn't Yanmar build the 2720?

/ 2720 Replaced by 2032R #6  
Yes, Yanmar builds them, but Deere would be the ones telling them when and how many to build.

/ 2720 Replaced by 2032R #7  
The dealers here in Minnesota still can order new 2720s or the 2032rs the 2720s are still available they are both listed on web site, Dealer says they just change the model numbers the only thing dealer says is they don't offer the 72 inch drive over deck on the new model.
Look at both specification they are the same

/ 2720 Replaced by 2032R #8  
My local dealer has a 2032 due in around the first of July. I'm trying to work a trade to get it.

/ 2720 Replaced by 2032R #9  
The dealers here in Minnesota still can order new 2720s or the 2032rs the 2720s are still available they are both listed on web site, Dealer says they just change the model numbers the only thing dealer says is they don't offer the 72 inch drive over deck on the new model.

They don't offer the 72" drive over on the old one's either. Only drive over is the 62 for those models. Have in my head is that the wheelbase is too short for the on ramps. with the 72.

/ 2720 Replaced by 2032R #10  

They never had a 72" drive over for any model. 62D is the largest of the drive over MMM decks.

Greg