5075M

/ 5075M #21  
im only 15 so i dont have a "real" job, we have a blueberry farm though, and i work their
Nice to finally see a fellow Canadian neighbor on the forums!

What do you do for work?

/ 5075M #23  
The 5065M, no longer being made, and the 5075M have a 5 cyl. engine so I assume they have the same oil filter mounting location. Changing the oil in the 5065M here the other day and ran into the first engineering screw-up. You can't get a cap style filter wrench on it or a lever band type filter wrench on it. You need a strap wrench to get to the oil filter. They managed to put a steel and rubber line right underneath the oil filter that keeps you from getting either types of the above wrenches onto the filter. More than one JD engineer got cussed out. Gonna need to buy a new strap wrench just for that one filter. Wound up getting it off with a tie-down strap and vise grips, caved in one side of the canister trying to break it loose.

Other than that it's done pretty much everything they bought it for. Our son has pretty much taken it over for manure spreading, hay tedding, raking, bush hogging and grain drilling.

/ 5075M #24  
The 5065M, no longer being made, and the 5075M have a 5 cyl. engine so I assume they have the same oil filter mounting location. Changing the oil in the 5065M here the other day and ran into the first engineering screw-up. You can't get a cap style filter wrench on it or a lever band type filter wrench on it. You need a strap wrench to get to the oil filter. They managed to put a steel and rubber line right underneath the oil filter that keeps you from getting either types of the above wrenches onto the filter. More than one JD engineer got cussed out. Gonna need to buy a new strap wrench just for that one filter. Wound up getting it off with a tie-down strap and vise grips, caved in one side of the canister trying to break it loose.

Other than that it's done pretty much everything they bought it for. Our son has pretty much taken it over for manure spreading, hay tedding, raking, bush hogging and grain drilling.

Yep... it's a real bugger to get off! I used a lever band "squeeze" oil filter wrench... but, I had to take the fan shroud off to get it on the filter. Real PITA! I don't think the engineer's really thought that out very well! (Maybe they never really use tractor's - they just "think" about it?!?) ;)

AKfish