5075M

/ 5075M #1  

JohnDeere391

Tractor
JD 4500
Are they good tractors? I am planing on getting one in the next couple of years. Opinion?

/ 5075M #2  
I have the big brother to that tractor and I love the 5M series. Not too big but not too small, a happy medium that tackles some chores bigger tractors do but can happily do some chores a smaller tractor does as well. But in the end it depends what you want to do with it of course but if it does fit what you need to do I think you will love it.

/ 5075M #3  
No experience with that model, but do with a previous JD in that range. You should be very happy with a quality JD product.

/ 5075M #4  
Are they good tractors? I am planing on getting one in the next couple of years. Opinion?

Well... I like mine well enough that I'm not gonna sell it or trade it when I buy a bigger tractor for haylage bales. I plan to keep it for as long as I'm baling hay! :thumbsup: That said; as Corey mentioned - a lot depends upon what you have in mind using the tractor for.

It's a very well constructed tractor, comfortable, great control layout; great fuel economy, good low end torque and the electro-hydro 3pt is light years ahead of the old, position control 3pt hitch.

My next tractor will likely be another M - probably 115hp, though.

AKfish

/ 5075M #7  
Well... I like mine well enough that I'm not gonna sell it or trade it when I buy a bigger tractor for haylage bales. I plan to keep it for as long as I'm baling hay! :thumbsup: That said; as Corey mentioned - a lot depends upon what you have in mind using the tractor for.

It's a very well constructed tractor, comfortable, great control layout; great fuel economy, good low end torque and the electro-hydro 3pt is light years ahead of the old, position control 3pt hitch.

My next tractor will likely be another M - probably 115hp, though.

AKfish

What is your fuel economy like?

Don't fall out of your chair, and don't have a heart attack, but in a few years I plan to buy a 5085M for 7.5 acres!

/ 5075M #8  
What is your fuel economy like?

Don't fall out of your chair, and don't have a heart attack, but in a few years I plan to buy a 5085M for 7.5 acres!

Well, the last time I really worked the tractor was baling hay for the neighbor. I baled around 1,800 bales in ~13 hours on the tach and didn't have to refuel. Tractor has a 30 gallon tank and I want to think that there was 2-3 gallons in the tank at the end of day 2.

I was pretty impressed! Last year I only baled around 700 bales and didn't really pay much attention to fuel useage.

Well... that's ONLY 11.33hp/acre! :laughing:

Let's see.. I've only got around 13 acres of hay out of 30 acres; so, that's 5.76hp/acre. (You win!!) ;)

But... If you're happy --- we're all happy!

AKfish

/ 5075M #9  
:cool: Lets figure this out. 7.5 acres of say corn at 133 bushels to the acre comes to 1000 bushels per year at $8.00 per bushel for 7 years will bring in $56,000. Looks good but wait a minute there is the cost of seed fertilizer, herbicide, fuel and property taxes to deduct and there might be a drought in there or a price bust. You might need to find some more land to buy or lease to support a 5075M in the manner they are accustomed to.