I was ready to take the plunge but but but

/ I was ready to take the plunge but but but #1  

millsnhills

Silver Member
Tractor
Well after spending ions of time on research which everybody has been a great deal of help had decided to step up to the 4110 HST, FEL, 60MMM. Well the dealer did not have any in stock which was not a biggy. The two previous dealers I had looked at either did not have the package or have left their tractors outside all summer. Their service departsment were small and filthy so I settled on the last one.

Well here is where the problem started. My dealer said "Jeff" I think you have made the right decision "BUT" the 60 MMM is gone meaning no more to get. He told me that John Deere will not be making anymore this year and while they will make them starting in Jan2004 we might not see them until mid-year. First question is this guy full of it or what.

The only option I would have if I went with the order either for 4010, 4110 or the 4115 would be the 54 '' deck which they can still get. This deck is much more inexpensive but its like I can get the car I want but not the color /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Are there any dealers out there that have a 60inch deck or how would the 54inch b in comparison... I know its only 6 inches but still...

Thanks

/ I was ready to take the plunge but but but #2  
As far as is it true I would say yes. I tryed to get a new mower conditioner for this year and was told the earliest would be January. Well might as well wait until spring rather than pay for one in January. However mid year seems way out there. If you order now you will have one of the first ones made.

Your dealer can do a search to find one if one is to be had. I would go for the 60". Having had both I can tell you that 6" does make a big difference.

/ I was ready to take the plunge but but but #3  
Do any other dealers in your area have one in stock ?

/ I was ready to take the plunge but but but
Hey Doc..... I will check but I would think if the other dealers know this and know that to sell any 4010, 4110 or 4115 they will need these decks. I can probably get one easier than the dealer though as these will become bargaining chips quickly.

jeff

/ I was ready to take the plunge but but but #5  
Sounds to me like he could have some 54" units in stock that he would like to unload before he orders any more 60" units.

I would see if he has any used RFMs that he can loan you while you wait on the 60" deck you really want.

/ I was ready to take the plunge but but but #6  
I think it is very likely that the dealer can not get any more. Once The production run is iver thats it. But my point is you can buy the tractor from one dealer and the mower elsewhere. You could just buy the whole set up at another dealer as well if the mower is that important, which I would think it is. You do not want to be wishing you had the other deck for the next 20 years.

/ I was ready to take the plunge but but but #7  
I would definetly get the 60". The 54" would not hang out very far and would be hard to trim around things.
What about the new 62" deck like I have on my 2210?
Wonder if they are interchangeable?

/ I was ready to take the plunge but but but #8  
I was told 5-6 weeks on a MX-6 rotary cutter (that I ordered 2 months ago) and when I had him check the MX-5 it was about the same. Sounds like they are out of them at the factory and will start making them again in October. Might be the same with your MMM.

/ I was ready to take the plunge but but but #9  
I have a 54' and it works pretty well. I am wondering if a 62C would fit on my unit. Anyone know?