JD MMM Mower

/ JD MMM Mower #1  

Neophyte

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 eHydro with 300CX FEL
I'm curious to hear from anyone who may have a JD 60" or 72" MMM with the optional Tricycler Mulch Kit installed.

How do you like it, does it work well, does it not work well, etc.?

/ JD MMM Mower #2  
I have one on the 4410. I mow 4 acres if I keep up it does a good job. If I let the grass get too long it leaves a windrow . I think this is because the wheels pack down the long stems and the mower can not get them all back up. I am not mowing lawn quality grass more like pasture grasses more timothy and dandelion, wild mustard and clover then kentucky blue or fescue. On the lawn areas it does a fine job. I'll add that without a FEL I would not be able to move it around and clean it.

/ JD MMM Mower #3  
I had the Tri-cycler installed on my 62C before delivery. Also had the Tri-cycler on my 60" deck traded in. Love them both. My lawn is healthier for it.

I must add that there is a considerable incerase in effort to keep the deck clean throughout the year. The newer kits are better in that there are fewer nooks and crannies and less likelihood of rust developing. The 62C delivers a very good cut. No windrows or bogging. I cut about 3.75 acres of healthy tall fescue keeping it between 3.5 and 4 inches. With any mulching deck, you will improve performance by avoiding cutting dew-ey or wet grass. Make sure you are cutting no more than 30% of the total height of the grass.

All in all, it's worth every penny and the extra effort for a healthier lawn. Just my $ 0.04, adjusted upward for economic reasons.