JD2210

/ JD2210 #1  

tcmbuna

Tractor
JD 2210
Made the plunge today after a lot of research. Choice came down to BX2200 or JD2210. I like the foot pedals better on JD and so does my wife. That and the delaer was very helpful and good to work with at JD. He made me a fairly good deal even though they do not like to deal on these mowers.

I got 210 FEL, 62" MMM, and 48" BB. With tax 13,300. Also threw in first service and pick up and delivery for that service.

I am going to play now. Delivery on Sept 6th.

/ JD2210 #2  
I just bought the same setup minus the BB. I love mine so far. I only have about 6 hours on so far though. I see you're from Central Ohio. Mind me asking where you got your's from? Not too many 2210's around right now.

Take care,
wickman

/ JD2210 #3  
Welcome to the forum!
You know this going to be longest two weeks waiting.
I have 63 hours on mine now. No complaints to speak of. Might read the other post on took the plunge. Some usefull info there.

/ JD2210 #4  
I have about 40 hours on mine. It does a heckuva lot for a very small machine. I got the 2210, FEL, iMatch and Frontier 1250 tiller for $15k with tax (6%). The tiller was 2k. I have since added a rear blade, which I find rather useless on the 2210 due to no Rockshaft adjustment. I just received a chain harrow as well. I started burning power service DFA this past week end and it made a big difference in engine "knock" at start up as well as decreased the overall noise level. I hope to start burning Bio diesel soon as well. Dave

/ JD2210 #5  
Good Morning Dave.
Power service DFA. I have heard of Power Service brand but what is DFA.
I have noticed considerable power difference between places I purchase fuel also. Last weekend I went to the closest place, convenience store, and really noticed a difference over my local co-op.

/ JD2210 #6  
DFA = Diesel Fuel Additive.

/ JD2210 #7  
Power service Diesel fuel additive is about $5 for a 32 oz bottle. I mix 1.75 oz in 5 gallons. I use a empty stabil bottle with the liquid measure on the side to store a small amout of DFA as it is very easy to handle and measure this way. Dave

/ JD2210 #8  
I am sorry, missed the diesel fuel additive thing. I thought DFA was the product name. There are a bunch offered by Power Service. I was wondering which one you used since it seems to work for you.
http://www.powerservice.com/

/ JD2210 #9  
Re: JD2210 - Diesel additives

I have been using the "summer" Power Service additive in my 2210 since day one. Only at 40 hours but very happy with performance. Will soon switch to the "winter" anti-gel formula for the winter months.

I have also been using this in my Duramax-powered truck and some have said not to as it converts the water into something that can be burned along with the Diesel. Not an issue in the 2210's lower-pressure system but apparently a possible problem for the common-rail high-pressure system used in the DMax - hard on the pump and injectors. Suggestion from local Diesel service company is to use the Stanadyne additive for high-pressure systems as it actually forces the fuel/water to seperate better, protecting the pump and injectors from H20 damage.

I'm going to keep using the PS additive in my 2210, very happy with the results.

/ JD2210 #10  
Hambone, you didn't miss a thing. I live in a world of acronyms at work and can sniff one out from a quarter mile /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif