JD4310 VS KUBOTA L3130 - HELP PLEASE

/ JD4310 VS KUBOTA L3130 - HELP PLEASE #11  
I really am not trying to start a orange/green war. But I drove both, and prefer the green hst. The electronicly controlled unit is a huge improvement over the older one on the 4000's. I have often heard folks comparing the Kubota to deere, and itturns out they are referring to the old model.

The pedal arrangement is certainly a matter of preferance, some like the Kubotarang, and some like the two pedal approach.

/ JD4310 VS KUBOTA L3130 - HELP PLEASE #12  
I drove both the 3130DT and the 4310 gear with EPowerReverser and ended up with the Kubota. The K feels and looks like a stouter tractor and yes I really liked the yellow seat and had thoughts of painting my Kubota green and installing a yellow seat when it arrived but now that it's here the orange (and it's VERY orange) is growing on my like a fungus. The fact is they are both great tractors but head to head I felt like the K was a better deal for the $. I think the change in decision came with Neophyte's extensive and very informative comparison and the fact that the dealer that I bought from sells both JD and Kubota and the salesman firmly said that the K was built better but added that 6 years ago JD would have been the clear winner and that Kubota has improved that much in that time. Again I love the JD name and products and have plans on buying a large lawn and garden tractor in a couple of years but when I saw and priced the 3130 I had no further doubts on what tractor to buy. I felt surer that I was making the right choice since I too hope to keep this tractor for 20 to 30 years also. I did not want hydro either which is why we’re looking at the same tractors. The last thing was 1% lower interest for 60 months. JD credit is 3.9 for 60 months and Kubota credit is 2.9 for 60 months (I guess icing on the cake). Good luck!!

I also looked at Long AG, Kioti, Branson (which was nice) and MF. The Branson seems like a real nice tractor but I worried about parts long term which was another reason for buying Kubota also. Kioti is very similar in appearance to the Kubota because I understand that Kioti was building tractors for Kubota in South Korea before they went out on their own. Also Kioti is building a factory or assembly plant in North Carolina (I read this on their web site).

/ JD4310 VS KUBOTA L3130 - HELP PLEASE #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think the change in decision came with Neophyte's extensive and very informative comparison )</font>

That just scares the hell out of me ... someone making a decision partly based on information presented by a person who can't make one. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

It seems like my "final choice" changes daily between the big 3 with MF slipping in now and then. Heck, Kioti would be in the mix too but they don't make a Hyrdo in the 30-35HP range. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I respect the people who can actually settle on one. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ JD4310 VS KUBOTA L3130 - HELP PLEASE #14  
"That just scares the hell out of me ... someone making a decision partly based on information presented by a person who can't make one. "

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif What a crack up!

/ JD4310 VS KUBOTA L3130 - HELP PLEASE #15  
Heh. I decided to take the advice of several TBN posters, and resist the temptation of falling into nitpicking over the tractor specifications, but instead, just declare all 3 brands ( <font color="blue"> blue </font> , <font color="orange"> orange </font> , <font color="green"> green </font> ) as being effectively equal.

So with that out of the way, how did I make a decision? It turned out to be simple enough: get on the tractors and see what felt better. I liked the rocker pedal better than the split pedals, score one for Kubota. My backside declared the K's seat and backrest the most comfortable for me, of course, your mileage may vary. The dash mount type loader controls seemed more natural than the NH joystick controls. So I ended up buying <font color="orange"> orange </font> .

There you have it. The decision of buying a tractor can eventually be boiled down to simple body egonomics. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD4310 VS KUBOTA L3130 - HELP PLEASE #16  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I liked the rocker pedal better than the split pedals, score one for Kubota. My backside declared the K's seat and backrest the most comfortable for me, of course, your mileage may vary. The dash mount type loader controls seemed more natural than the NH joystick controls. So I ended up buying orange .)</font>

My stories a little backwards.

I decided to go find the dealer that I wanted to trade with. And then go for fit.

I loved the split pedals.

Deere's NEW seat. fit my wife and I perfectly

And the joystick is where God intended it to be. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But seriously, it depends on the person.

/ JD4310 VS KUBOTA L3130 - HELP PLEASE #17  
"Don't try this at home"

Mike, exactly what are you doing in your signature? Is that a JD doing an Evil Kneivel impersonation?

/ JD4310 VS KUBOTA L3130 - HELP PLEASE #18  
SOMEWHERE I have the real photo. That is NOT my tractor, Those are NOT my bales. It IS a Deere. No flash of orange, there.

47-134590-citGO.jpg

/ JD4310 VS KUBOTA L3130 - HELP PLEASE
My decision may get a whole lot easier. JD has low interest financing thru 10/31. I am pretty sure Kubota's ended 8/31. If they are going to extend it, they haven't updated their website saying so. I have thought , thought, lost sleep, etc... and I keep coming back to the opinion that JD is the way to go. Deere dealer offered me the best trade on my current tractor which may not be an issue as I got a call from a prospective buyer yesterday. Keep your fingers crossed for me. If this guy buys mine I will be sittin in yellow and green in 2 weeks or less.

By the way, thanks for all your input.

Jason

/ JD4310 VS KUBOTA L3130 - HELP PLEASE #20  
Jason, I'm sure the 4310 will be everything and more then what you expected. Certainly a very popular tractor here and apparently for good reason. You certainly can't go wrong with JD. Rat...