5055E Pricing?

/ 5055E Pricing? #1  

psj12

Platinum Member
Tractor
KIOTI 551
I went to the local dealer in western Arkansas today and asked about the pricing on a 5055E with 4WD and a loader. Since he didn't have one in stock he tried convincing me I needed a 65 HP (which he did have in stock). I was told the 5055E is not in production and I couldn't get one until the factory was all done making new cabs??? The price quoted for the 5065E 4WD with loader was $31,300. When I tried to negotiate a price I was told that this was the price.

I have bought tractors before but not a JD. Is this non-negotiation a common practice at JD dealers? Is $31,300 a good price for the 5065E? What would a 5055E cost?

/ 5055E Pricing? #2  
I went to the local dealer in western Arkansas today and asked about the pricing on a 5055E with 4WD and a loader. Since he didn't have one in stock he tried convincing me I needed a 65 HP (which he did have in stock). I was told the 5055E is not in production and I couldn't get one until the factory was all done making new cabs??? The price quoted for the 5065E 4WD with loader was $31,300. When I tried to negotiate a price I was told that this was the price.

I have bought tractors before but not a JD. Is this non-negotiation a common practice at JD dealers? Is $31,300 a good price for the 5065E? What would a 5055E cost?

I don't know about price but unless he is giving you his lowest price already then there is always room for negotiations.
My dealer gave me a set price as well and wouldn't budge but I asked why he wouldn't negotiate he showed me what he paid for the tractor and what the listed price was, turned out he made only $1000 selling me it at that price. Cause I asked the reason he was more than happy to show me the numbers in detail, his theory is give the customer a good experience and value and they will come back and he has stuck with that saying from day one.

/ 5055E Pricing? #3  
It is not common. Go to Deere.com and build the tractor and find the list price. Then if you can buy it for 15% off plus tax you should be okay.