The best state to buy a Deere

/ The best state to buy a Deere #1  

EuroYanmar

Gold Member
Tractor
Tractormatic
Hi everybody,

Just a question of curiosity as I am writing this message from EC.
Which state is the best in US to buy a Deere at the best price ?
For what reason(s) this state is the cheapest ?

Thanks for answering my question.

Phil

/ The best state to buy a Deere #2  
That's the same question that was asked of Horace Greely...!! He told him to go west; go west young man - to Georgia! :laughing:

AKfish

/ The best state to buy a Deere
That's the same question that was asked of Horace Greely...!! He told him to go west; go west young man - to Georgia! :laughing:

AKfish

Thanks AKfish for the advice but.....I guess you mean "go south" as, for you, all the states except two are located south !!!!
So if I understand the Deere are cheapest where they are made ?

Phil

/ The best state to buy a Deere #4  
Yep... south for me - but, I think it would be more westerly for you, yes? Well... after shopping across quite a bit of the continental 48 states for my last 2 tractors - it appeared to me - that the best deals were in the Midwest states; Indiana, Ohio, Illinois and several of the Southern states; Georgia, Florida, South Carolina.

Much depends upon what model of tractor that you're interested in as well. The Agricultural states have better prices on the larger tractors - 5000 series and up. The higher population residential states have better deals on SCUT's and CUT's - 4000 series and down.

AKfish

That's interesting.
I have noticed in EEC the Deere are cheapest in Italy.
Why ? My explanation is double :
- there is a strong economic crisis everywhere but tougher in this country.
- There are many other italian brands of tractors on the italian market : Ferrari, Lamborghini, Antonio Carraro etc... so the prices have to be sharpened...
At the opposite, the northern you go, (Norway, Finland, Sweden, Germany) the higher are the prices....

Phil

/ The best state to buy a Deere #6  
Delaware. There is no sales tax in Delaware so you will save over 6% right from the beginning.

Delaware. There is no sales tax in Delaware so you will save over 6% right from the beginning.

Thanks Dashe for the answer.

So If I understand, Deere are not cheaper in the State where they are made )....

Now I would be interested in knowing if a kind of commercial "fight" may exist in US between two different John Deere dealers.

Here in France it is very strange. As soon as your name hes been entered in the JD web pricing system by one dealer, others will not interfer in the deal.
The national importer is informed about each pricing in real time.

The only way to have different offers from different dealers is to give to each one a different name and adress.

Have you got such tough marketing behaviour in US ?

Phil

/ The best state to buy a Deere #8  
Hi everybody,

Just a question of curiosity as I am writing this message from EC.
Which state is the best in US to buy a Deere at the best price ?
For what reason(s) this state is the cheapest ?

Thanks for answering my question.

Phil

Delaware, no sales tax

/ The best state to buy a Deere #9  
Thanks Dashe for the answer.

So If I understand, Deere are not cheaper in the State where they are made )....

Now I would be interested in knowing if a kind of commercial "fight" may exist in US between two different John Deere dealers.

Here in France it is very strange. As soon as your name hes been entered in the JD web pricing system by one dealer, others will not interfer in the deal.
The national importer is informed about each pricing in real time.

The only way to have different offers from different dealers is to give to each one a different name and adress.

Have you got such tough marketing behaviour in US ?

Phil

Nope, I will go to the local deere dealer and get a quote, and then call the deere dealer that is 25 minutes away and get a quote. Nice to have that much competition this close. It keeps them both honest. One time one dealer gets the sale, and the next time it seems the other one is cheaper.