John Deere financial for used equipment

/ John Deere financial for used equipment #1  

Waldershrek

Silver Member
Just wondering if anybody has financed through a JD dealer for a used tractor and if so what the terms are as far as money down and interest rate. My local dealer has a tractor I'm interested in: Caznovia Equipment

Tractor has pretty much everything I'd want except for maybe a bush hog but I can get that later.

They also have this one which is four years newer but only has 100 hours less and is $2000 more and only has the FEL: Caznovia Equipment

I guess I don't understand the pricing on these two machines.

/ John Deere financial for used equipment #2  
Just wondering if anybody has financed through a JD dealer for a used tractor and if so what the terms are as far as money down and interest rate. My local dealer has a tractor I'm interested in: Caznovia Equipment

Tractor has pretty much everything I'd want except for maybe a bush hog but I can get that later.

They also have this one which is four years newer but only has 100 hours less and is $2000 more and only has the FEL: Caznovia Equipment

I haven't financed a used tractor but have financed used attachments, from what the dealer said the process is exactly the same, good enough credit and nothing down, ok credit is 20% down. The interest rate was the same if buying new and there is no warranty on the used attachments.

/ John Deere financial for used equipment #3  
I've financed 3 used tractors through JD Financing. As long as you have decent credit, the rate will be lower then a bank loan...but do check.
As far as a down payment, that's pretty much on a case by case nature. Obviously, the more you put down, the less you have to borrow.
Deere financing is, IMHO, definitely something to consider...

/ John Deere financial for used equipment
I have good credit. Was a 750 a year ago and it's either the same or higher now so that should be no problem. I have just heard in the past that Deere financial requires 20% down payment.

/ John Deere financial for used equipment #5  

I'm seeing the 2006 as $17.9k and the 2010 as $16.9k. The 2006 has a MMM which is worth at least $2k used and that makes up for the price difference due to the older machine.
Also, the 2006 is listed as "off lot" so it may be there on consignment and the price may be set by the owner, not the dealer.

Aaron Z

Also, the 2006 is listed as "off lot" so it may be there on consignment and the price may be set by the owner, not the dealer.

Aaron Z

That could be too although in the background I saw the service truck and some other stuff that made believe it was at the dealers.

Do the 2520's have the same leaking problem with the gasket on the tranny as the 2320's?

/ John Deere financial for used equipment #7  
That could be too although in the background I saw the service truck and some other stuff that made believe it was at the dealers.

Do the 2520's have the same leaking problem with the gasket on the tranny as the 2320's?

Consignment tractors would be at the dealer, but the pricing is set by the seller (with dealer input, normally). The seller normally provides the dealer with a bottom line price.

As far as aczlan's comment:
The 2006 has a MMM which is worth at least $2k used

Well, the asking price might be $2K...but the actual sale price would probably be a lot less.

Heck brand new a MMM is like $2500

/ John Deere financial for used equipment #9  
The 2006 also includes a 47 snow blower.