Buying Advice Thinking about a 1025r

/ Thinking about a 1025r #1  

PsRumors

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L45
My plan is for a 1025r with H120 loader and 60" MMM with the drive over quick connect. The deck is where my questions come in.

The dealer is trying to steer me away from the 60" and towards the 54" deck. He says no one likes the 60" that it sticks out too far. I currently have a 60" on my NH and it is great, can't imagine I wouldn't like it on the JD. Thoughts?

Deck lifts....there seems to be several options. If I have it correct there are three lift options; mechanical which basically links the deck with the 3pt hitch and then two hydraulic options. The two hydraulic options are to use a 3rd function valve which puts the deck on its own circuit allowing it to lift independent of the hitch and loader or the deck lift cylinder can be quick connected to one of the loader circuits. Do have all that correct?

Any reason not to go with the 3rd valve to operate the deck or is there a better option?

/ Thinking about a 1025r #2  
I really don't see why he is trying to steer you to a 54 inch. My guess is because he has an old one in stock that he can't get rid of.

The 54 inch is too small for the 1025R in my opinion. Get the 60 inch.

As far as the deck lift, if it was me, I would keep it on it's own circuit. Any of the other options are just a PIA in my book. The only reason not to do it is cost, and even then I wouldn't let that option stop you. If your spending $15,000 +, what is a few hundred more for a convenience you will use every week 6 months of the year?

You will love the 1025R. They are awesome machines and can do a ton of different things for someone with a small property. Not sure on your budget or your needs, but they now offer a 1025R with a FILB, which is a factory installed backhoe. If you can afford it, get the backhoe. They are so much fun it's like being a kid again.

/ Thinking about a 1025r #3  
I really don't see why he is trying to steer you to a 54 inch. My guess is because he has an old one in stock that he can't get rid of.

The 54 inch is too small for the 1025R in my opinion. Get the 60 inch.

As far as the deck lift, if it was me, I would keep it on it's own circuit. Any of the other options are just a PIA in my book. The only reason not to do it is cost, and even then I wouldn't let that option stop you. If your spending $15,000 +, what is a few hundred more for a convenience you will use every week 6 months of the year?

You will love the 1025R. They are awesome machines and can do a ton of different things for someone with a small property. Not sure on your budget or your needs, but they now offer a 1025R with a FILB, which is a factory installed backhoe. If you can afford it, get the backhoe. They are so much fun it's like being a kid again.
Boy I agree totally with JDs comments. If he didn't say it I would. If you already like your 60in MMM then don't downsize. Just a matter of handling tighter spaces and more seat time if you went down to the 54in.

BH yeah! I am relatively new to the homeowner/tractor world but I love my BH and with all the landscaping I have in front of me... I couldn't do it without it!

Last edited:
   / Thinking about a 1025r #4  
My 2520 has the deck lift for the 62D deck that lifts it with the 3pt arms. It is a total pain and I will probably upgrade to the hydraulic option one day.
Get the wider mower. I would have went with the 70" in my 252", except drive over wasn't offered when I was purchasing it.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Thinking about a 1025r
Can the third valve for the deck be used for other things when the deck is removed? Say for running a grapple?

Thanks for the info.

/ Thinking about a 1025r #6  
I would definitely get the independent lift. My 72" deck lifts off the lift arms and I don't like it. I have to lock the deck up when I want to use another implement with the deck attached. It's not the end of the world if money is an issue, but its another step I have to take before hooking to the tiller or sprayer. ALso, on the mower sticking out farther, I would say that would be much better for trimming around stuff. Your uncut circle is smaller when making turns also.

/ Thinking about a 1025r #7  
I would also go with the independent lift. If your yard is nice and flat the 60 inch mower will work great. But if uneven, hilly with gullies the 54 inch might be the best choice. Also if you mow high thick grass the 60 inch might slow you down some. Some times having a wide mower is not the fastest way to cut grass.

/ Thinking about a 1025r #9  
I have the 62 inch deck, aux hydralic which uses the loader joy stick. wanted my 3 point for other things, do you have trees to mow around ? get to close roll bar will get in way and maybe break branches off.

/ Thinking about a 1025r #10  

I believe it can, but you will be restricted by other problems when it comes to a machine this size, and a grapple.

First of all is weight. The lifting capacity of the 1 series is just over 600 pounds. Even the smallest of light duty grapples will weigh around 300 pounds. Basically, you won't get much of anything off the ground anyway.

Second problem is hydraulic capacity. The total GPM the 1 series can push is around 6 GPM. While you certainly could work an attachment with that, it would be very slow cycle time.

If you need something like a grapple, the closest you will get is installing a model that mounts to the top of your loader bucket. They have 1 or 2 claws coming down, and can do a decent job once you get used to them.