JD 2210 Purchase

/ JD 2210 Purchase #1  

KENSFM

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2210 JD318 JD332
I am going to buy a JD 2210 with an FEL and 62" MMM. What would be a fair cash price for this unit? If any dealers are interested in giving me a quote on the above please e-mail me at HOSSGT66@aol.com. I live in Massachusetts.
Thanks for your help, Ken

/ JD 2210 Purchase #2  
Prices vary from region to region, and with supply. I don't know what the demand is in your area. Hopefully someone local will jump in. Generally speaking, you should be able to get that set-up for $13,000 +/- $400. Have them throw in a ballast box or good 4-foot box blade for that price and enjoy a good value.

/ JD 2210 Purchase #3  
I believe I paid $12500 for mine in May. Same config. This was including $400 in JD incentives for the 2 attachments.

/ JD 2210 Purchase #4  
I paid $9,500 for the tractor, $2,000 FEL Free delivery NOT includeing tax. That included all incentives. I chose different implements. The more implements you buy you might get a slightly better price. I bought in February but due to the demand now you might have a more difficult time matching prices. The dealers here can not keep theese on the lot. Currently I do not know of any one in my area who has one in stock. Dave

/ JD 2210 Purchase #5  
I purchsed in late June/early July(mind slipping?).
I got the 2210, 62'MMM, FEL with wide bucket, grille gaurd, and the ballast box for $12950.

/ JD 2210 Purchase
The prices in my area run $13,600-$14,000 which I think is a little high. Dealers have plenty in stock, dealer closest to my house has 7 and he is not a very big dealer. Maybe if he lowered his price he could move some of these, but he does not want to deal. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Ken

/ JD 2210 Purchase #7  
I got the best quotes from 1A equipment when I was pricing a 4310. They are on the Norfolk/ Wrentham line. Steve...

/ JD 2210 Purchase #9  
Sounds like you might have to travel a little and play the "car dealer wrangling" game to keep this dealer honest. Don't forget that a little extra cost for a tractor from a delaer you trust and want to buy from will likely make up for the dollars in service dividends if you ever need them.

I did pay just under $13,000 for the same rig you describe, then paid $250 for a box blade and received an extra set of tires and wheels thrown into the deal. I had a leak during the first week I had the tractor and the dealer made two round trips at no cost to me to rectify the situation. I could have bought the tractor for $500 less from a dealer 60 miles farther away. As you can guess, I'm not worried a bit about the relatively small additional cost at this point and I do not feel like I left the "money on the table" so to speak.

Get a great price from a dealer that sells volume and would be less likely to service the tractor. Show it to the dealer you WANT to buy form, and hopefully he'll work his way closer and promise top take care of you through no-cost transport for warranty work the first year, or two. This is how he will conteract the lowball price, but make sure you get the extra in writing. Always ask for one more thing before you sign, even if it's an extra set of mower blades, but make sure you are not the only one winning in the deal. If the dealer doesn't make a profit on the transaction, he'll remember you when you need his backing or when you "graduate" to a bigger model in a few year and you are begging for trade-in value. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif