2305 available WITHOUT mid PTO?

/ 2305 available WITHOUT mid PTO? #21  
Probably a good buy. I think some have posted about the repair only costing, $4,000 to $6,000 dollars. Small change to spend on a really good buy.

Well,the OP never did mention the asking price,but if the repair is anywhere in this cost neighborhood,a "good buy" would be about 3,000.00 for the tractor...........and that still might be too much depending on its condition!:)

Greg

/ 2305 available WITHOUT mid PTO? #22  
From posts on the 2305 PTO problems it requires case replacement along with the internal PTO gears. I don't think it is a simple remove middle PTO and replace with another.

OK, Out of morbid curiosity I decided to go take a look at the tractor... Not being a 2305 expert, my assessment should be considered for what it is. As I stated before I asked before I went Why no mid PTO? That's when the guy told me the previous owner had hit a curb with the snowblower. The lateral force on the output shaft snapped the case internally and the PTO output shaft and a lot of oil went everywhere. ( the casting inside broke where the PTO bearing rides) the casting seemed pretty light duty for what it is (IMHO)

JD I believe chose to replace the customers tractor as opposed to repairing it and the tractor sat for a couple years in the dealers back bone yard. The guy now selling the tractor repeatedly asked the dealer over the two years to sell it to him which the dealer finally did, As I said for a fire sale price. So the guy took an engine freeze plug and glued it in the hole where the output shaft use to be and filled it with oil... Does it work and operate without the mid pto, Yes....would I buy it for 7900 bucks
H E # L NO. Ive been told its over 6K to have the dealer replace the case... All that being said, if your a gambler that doesn't need a mid PTO Its still on CL in New Hampshire

/ 2305 available WITHOUT mid PTO? #23  
Wow, some poor SUCKER will end up with that and then be here posting in the forums...

$7,900? :(

/ 2305 available WITHOUT mid PTO?
Hiya,

Nice, look at the pictures, the rear PTO shield is still attached... Guess I better avoid any 2305's in my lawn mower search. :thumbdown:

Tom

/ 2305 available WITHOUT mid PTO? #27  
It's listed on Craigslist New Hampshire

John Deere 2305 4 wheel drive tractor with 70 hours on it.
Hydro, loader, new condition. 3 PT hitch, P/S, rear PTO, diff lock. Loader has not even been used.
Tractor does not have a mid PTO and can not be repaired without new rear casting. It is an internal issue no external damage to the rear casting; rest of the tractor runs and operates as it should. If posted still available.

Calls only please 603-four 9 six, 8ll2