new JD 990 with extras

/ new JD 990 with extras #1  

jrdellaratta

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 990
This morning I just sealed the deal to purchase from a nearby neighbor a 990 w/ 41 hours on it, with the 430 FEL. The seller is throwing in a 513 cutter, 12" PHD, and ballast box. It's a great deal, and even though I've never owned a Deere (I'm awfully partial to Kubota Orange), the deal was too good to pass up. Any thoughts/comments on what I can expect, or things to look out for in the first few hours?

/ new JD 990 with extras #2  
Hi

I purchased a new 990 with the 430FEL last month. It works excellent for me; I'm very pleased with the machine. 40HP, 4 Cyl power, for less money without the bells and whistles of the 4000 series.

I loaded the ballast box with CMU bricks and 6" - 8" rocks. Seems to be quite stable. No problems.

I added some extra cable ties to the loader hoses to keep them away from the left front tire.

Enjoy

John /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ new JD 990 with extras #3  
I noticed the tire problem also. I gotta try using ties to hold it back.

/ new JD 990 with extras #4  
Congra's on the new tractor , I wish you the best of luck, I have had good luck with mine and just love her ,,,,, (don't tell the wife .. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif lol ) She has done all I have asked of her and more ... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Bill G.