990 Finally Coming

/ 990 Finally Coming #1  

zuiko

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 990 4WD
Well after over 2 months of waiting my 990 w/430 loader and 4-in-1 bucket are finally at the dealer.

What's interesting about the whole thing is they were unable to get the actual valve part of the 3rd SVC from Deere. They list it as a part, but after talking to them several times they were told to go 3rd party for the part.

The only other thing I ran into was the dealer accidently ordered it with the wrong tires. He wrote down R4s but the part number for R1s. Rather than have him order the new tires (and wait for them) I took the R1s for a $500 discount.

All in all it looks like a great tractor, can't wait to get it home and use it. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 990 Finally Coming #2  
You will love it I. I love mine. Good luck with the 990 and let us know how the first few hours go. You may want to add the handle on the other side of the fender so ya have something to hang onto. Have fun! BTW what dealer did you buy from if you don't mind me asking.

Nick
990 4x4 turf, 272 RFM, 430 loader, 25A flail

/ 990 Finally Coming
L&P in Hutchinson. They are a CCE dealer.

The first dealer I checked was the Ag dealer in Glencoe, they didn't seem interested in making a deal at all... I got the impression that if I wasn't spending $100,000 they didn't want to waste their time.

I've been pretty happy with these guys so far.

/ 990 Finally Coming #4  
Congra's on your new purchase of the 990 , ,,Wish you the best of luck and happiness, I really enjoy working with my 990 and am sure you will to ..
Bill G. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif