Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member

Default JD pricing of options on 4520 -- are they crazy?

I'm getting pricing on a 4520, and asking for a few options. Dealer's quote includes freight on every single item, plus setup. For example, deluxe hood guard attachment -- price $317, but shipping is $60 and setup is $75. Isn't the guard coming from the factory on the unit? Even if it is sent separate to the dealer, who puts it on the unit, installing it should be nothing more than a couple of pins or bolts -- that I can do myself.
    Same thing with the seat armrests -- setup is $125 ??!!!! I put armrests on my 4700 -- it took 10 minutes and a few screws. Can I buy them separately and put on myself? Otherwise a couple of armrests are going to cost me $287. Geez.
    Same thing with telescoping draft links. First of all, JD should put the **** things on at the factory and credit me for the stock arms. But they apparently don't, because the quote includes $125 for setup, which will be pulling 2 pins and detaching the arms -- another 5 minute endeavor.
    Is this the way Deere quotes all their tractor sales?
    jim

Tractor
    Kioti DK-40, MF-135, Ventrac 4500Y

Default Re: JD pricing of options on 4520 -- are they crazy?

They don't care about their pricing. You want you pay.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    2012 JD 3520 Cab 1996 JD LX172 1985 Wheel Horse

maybe you pissed off your salesman. my salesman waived most of that crap plus gave me 18 percent off of msrp. Custom ordered my machine from factory
    Tractorbynet.com

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by RedHawkRidge View Post
    I'm getting pricing on a 4520, and asking for a few options. Dealer's quote includes freight on every single item, plus setup. For example, deluxe hood guard attachment -- price $317, but shipping is $60 and setup is $75. Isn't the guard coming from the factory on the unit? Even if it is sent separate to the dealer, who puts it on the unit, installing it should be nothing more than a couple of pins or bolts -- that I can do myself.
    Same thing with the seat armrests -- setup is $125 ??!!!! I put armrests on my 4700 -- it took 10 minutes and a few screws. Can I buy them separately and put on myself? Otherwise a couple of armrests are going to cost me $287. Geez.
    Same thing with telescoping draft links. First of all, JD should put the **** things on at the factory and credit me for the stock arms. But they apparently don't, because the quote includes $125 for setup, which will be pulling 2 pins and detaching the arms -- another 5 minute endeavor.
    Is this the way Deere quotes all their tractor sales?
    jim

I bought my 4520 without any setup fees and installed the options myself which was my preference. The options I purchased were easy to install though. First I have heard about the armrests, I have a 4520 cab tractor and the armrests are standard. When I bought mine I got 18% off list, paid the sales tax and used the O% 48 month financing which was the best deal at that time.

Sounds to me like you need to shop around some, maybe different dealers and brands. Look at a kubota 5740 as it has similar specs. While I am very satisfied with my 4520 I wouldn't recommend you pay an arm and a leg for it. Might want to try Mutton Power Equipment to get a better price.

Sounds like the dealer has come up with creative pricing. At the time I purchased my previous O/S 3320, the dealer quote was exact to the website "build your own pricing", Less a sizable discount, Plus taxes. Nothing about freight / Setup / Administrative Fees / Rustproofing or any other SCAM.

I'd be looking for additional quotes.
    2007 JD CAB 3320 eHydro, 300CX FEL, GX720 Back Hoe, 72" 7-Iron MMM, 48" Horst Pallet Forks
    Lucknow 60" Rear Snow Blower, JD Box Blade 2065
    2013 JD X739 - 60" HC Deck with Auto Connect

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

I think that the prices will start to come in line as the dialog progresses into the "courtship", if they don't....find a new date.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75

I have a 4520 cab for sale that already has all that stuff I you are close to Dallas.

D.
    ----------------------------------
    Darin Divinia
    DDR Longhorns
    Registered Texas Longhorns
    http://www.ddrlonghorns.com/
    Follow us on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/DDRLonghorns?ref=ts
    ----------------------------------

Tractor
    JD 4120, 400x loader, bucket, bale spear, pallet forks, grapple

Armrest are an option on open station.
    When I bought my 4120 it was the same as a previous poster said, the same MSRP that I came up with on build your own website, then straight line discount, then final selling price.

Tractor
    John Deere 2030, John Deere 6415

Give Mutton a try for a quote.
    John Deere 2030 JD 245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 mfwd JD 640SL Loader

Silver Member

thanks for the replies. I used to have a good relationship with the dealer. bought 4 tractors and numerous attachments over the years from him. Now their pricing is "confiscatory"- the quoting is stacked with add-ons, and they aren't interested in negotiating. This place has been sucked into the Deere mega-world of dealer franchises, where 5 to 10 locations have been consolidated into one dealership, and the stand-alone Deere tractor store is gone, and so is my ability to find the right price from the willing dealer. I have 2 companies to do business with within 100 mi radius, each one is a conglomerate of 7 or 8 stores that used to be independent. They have most of the bargaining power, unless I want to switch to orange or blue or red.
    Maybe I should just buy a new F150 King Ranch and drag my equipment around with that...??!!!
    jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast