New 2014 Deere 3R series

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #2  
Anyone know any inside info? :licking:

Or are these just the standard 3x20 series tractors?

New John*Deere Products & Equipment for 2014

I talked to dealer last week and theres another thread on this. No major changes other than rebadging and tier4 emissions. 4x20 shares some siliaritys and cab is same so they cant totally change much without switching boith to tier 4 at the same time

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #3  
I heard that they will have tier 4 emissions, which will include a dpf or diesel particulate filter. Also, I have heard they are going to change the model numbers like on the 2000 series so they will coincide with their horsepower rating. For instance, the 3320 would be a 3033R, the 3520 would be a 3037R and so on. As far as any cosmetic changes I don't know jack. From the looks of the web page it looks like they may have widened out the rear a bit and painted the hubs green instead of black. I guess we'll just wait until they're released to see what changed have been made. I'm not a fan of a dpf system that's why I'm buying now instead of waiting. They're ok on something like an over the road truck, but if you're doing something like plowing snow that you would only using your tractor a half hour or so at a time is the worst thing you can do. The exhaust needs to get hot enough to burn off all of the excess soot and if it's not getting hot enough to burn off the soot, or go into exhaust regeneration mode the filter gets plugged up and then it's off to the dealer to get the filter unplugged. That means downtime for you and possibly an un passable driveway in the middle of winter. Sorry for the rant. I have never had to deal with the dpf garbage on a smaller diesel motor but our work trucks have spent a lot of time in the shop due to emissions related issues and it's all due to them being on the job all day long at an idle or just above because we need the motor to be running for the pto to work so the booms work on them.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #4  
I talked to dealer last week and theres another thread on this. No major changes other than rebadging and tier4 emissions. 4x20 shares some siliaritys and cab is same so they cant totally change much without switching boith to tier 4 at the same time

Looks like Nooodles has been reincarnated.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #5  
Looks like Nooodles has been reincarnated.

I wondered what happened to him...I kind of miss him a little in an odd way...very little.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #6  
Looking at the picture closely, it looks like the headlights have changed to resemble the big tractors.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series
I wondered what happened to him...I kind of miss him a little in an odd way...very little.

Arlen,
I use Google Sketchup for building timber frame models, and in the program, there is a funny looking slender man with glasses that is used to put in the model, to give an idea of "scale", so you can see how big a person would be in the frame your building, in real life.
I named my "sketchup guy" Noodles. :laughing:

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #9  
The hoods for the 3r and 4r look amazing.

/ New 2014 Deere 3R series #10  
The hoods for the 3r and 4r look amazing.

Where are you seeing the 3r hood? looks the same in the picture from now. I don't even see a link to the 4r beucase there is no 4r in the works yet. they only do one series tractor at a time.