woods 9000 versus JD 48 on JD 4710

/ woods 9000 versus JD 48 on JD 4710 #1  

mainetreeman

I have pretty much decided to purchase a 4710 JD tractor. Well just as soon as I sell my 790. I want to purchase a backhoe at the same time. I am torn between the Woods 9000 vs the John Deere 48. Can any one list the pro's and con's, or any other information regarding this decision. Basically the dealer I am dealing with Sells them both for the same price. only catch is I have to wait a month for a Woods. And he has 2 Deere 48's in stock. Would it be worth the wait or is the deere just as good of a unit. I have a Christmas tree farm and want to use the hoe to remove the old stumps before I replant my trees.

/ woods 9000 versus JD 48 on JD 4710 #2  
You would not go wrong with the Deere. It's a great unit and the fact that there would be no "finger pointing" (should there ever be a service issue) and that it is in stock seem hard to beat.

/ woods 9000 versus JD 48 on JD 4710 #3  
Wow, now thats an upgrade. After having a 790, your about to be blown away by the 4710. Personally, I would rather have the Woods 9000 over the JD48. Either will be suitable. Looking at the two side by side I think the engineering on the Woods is just a step up. What ever the case, you've got a nice setup.

/ woods 9000 versus JD 48 on JD 4710 #4  
I mulled over this same decision a couple years ago. In my opinion there is no question the deere far and away blew away the woods. If you look at how they both attach, the fit, the steel, etc. I think you'll agree. The woods is made to fit a variety of models. The JD 48 is specifically made and engineered to fit the deere model and it shows when you go to hook up and use the unit. I have used mine to abuse and it has yet to fail one bit.

/ woods 9000 versus JD 48 on JD 4710 #5  
mainetreeman,

I can't compare the Woods model but I do have a 48. Its easy to get on/off the tractor especiallly if you use the stabilizers.

I have dug up hundreds and hundreds of stumps. Maybe a
dozen or so that where 36+ inches. It took awhile but it
worked.

The only problem I have had with mine was a leaky hydraulic
fitting that I replaced and I broke a bolt that held the pin that
held the boom and dipper stick togather. I have used the 48
and it has done what I wanted it to do.

It was and is worth the money.

Hope this helps,
Dan McCarty

/ woods 9000 versus JD 48 on JD 4710 #7  
They finally have a website up. GoHardy

Was looking at their log loaders for a future dream.