Compact Utility Series

/ Compact Utility Series #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( They have their own club! )</font>

WE really do like you folks! Honest. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Someday I'd like to add one of these to my equipment shed. I really liked my US model Yanmar. I'd realy like one in Deere green and Dealer support.

/ Compact Utility Series #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I know the 790 and 990 are Yanmar built tractors so I assume the 770, 670 and 970 are as well, right?)</font>

Actually...

when I was looking at CUTs in '98 I found that all the smaller John Deere models THROUGH the 1070 were built entirely by Yanmar.

Fast forward to now...

I've been looking at the JD 4610 4x4 which I noticed has a Yanmar Diesel engine and is built in the USA!

Gotta love that!

/ Compact Utility Series #23  
This is a post from another JD thread, on the owning/operating page. I thought it might fit in with this thread as well so I copyed it over, I hope you guys dont mind. If any one is interested in a 55 series CUT.

Hey dont forget about the 55 series of CUTs, they came out in the early 80s and they were made in horicon to start with and then latter on production was moved to augusta where the 4s and 5000s are made now. The 55 series have a yanmar engine but thats where it stops, everything else was either assembled or made in the USA. The line up was made up of 4 models the 655, 755, 855, and the 955. I think the most popular out of the group was the 755, and the latter on the 955. The 955 did not come out until the 6,7, and 855 had been out for a couple years around 1989, or 90. I guess people wanted a medium size Cut with the hp of a larger size CUT- improving the power to weight ratio. This is what JD said was their reasoning for the making the 955.
Jonathan

/ Compact Utility Series #24  
I remember those (the 55ers). As they had the hydro. and I wasn't really interested in that transmission, I never really gave them a second thought.

If memory serves, they are comparably smaller than their standard transmission counterparts...i.e., 955 was a smaller tractor than a 970 etc. I do have one friend that has owned a 755 for many years (since new) and still loves it!

/ Compact Utility Series #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am glad to see so many people like them because us 55/70/90 series owners need to stick together and fend off the 4000 series owners. They have their own club! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>

I may be banned from any clubs here because I'm also a Kioti owner /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif But I do still have my 850.

Attachments

• 374940-jd.JPG
    374940-jd.JPG
    35 KB · Views: 178
   / Compact Utility Series #26  
I like it! All are welcome to the group. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Compact Utility Series #27  
The 970 has a 4cylinder engine, the 870 is a better comparsion to the 955 there weight with out attachments is very close to the same. The 955 has alittle more power, like 2 more hp at the pto but other wise about the same. The 55 series were lighter than the 70 series. The 55series are a great tractor for mowing, and light loader work. I have a 955 with the 72in MMM and I wouldnt trade it for the world, but I mostly use it just for mowing. My tractor weighs just over 3000lbs, with the mower+ six rear wheel weights, and five front suitcase weights. This additional weight allows me to mow just about anywhere. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Jonathan