Loader Mount Mulcher and 3pt Hydraulic Power Pack, 30gpm

/ Loader Mount Mulcher and 3pt Hydraulic Power Pack, 30gpm #1  

Thowle

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4066R Cab w/ H180 and 4-in-1 Bucket
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a skid steer type forestry mulcher powered hydraulically and a 3pt hydraulic power pack that will produce to 30-40gpm needed by the mulcher.

John Deere has some best tools, such as their MH60 mulcher MH60 Mulching Head Attachment from John Deere And then the HP21 Hydraulic Power Pack John Deere HP21 Series Hydraulic Power Packs Landscape Equipment JohnDeere.com However it only produces 20 gpm

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

The usage will be for clearing brush and trees. I'd rather use a tractor and loader as opposed to a dedicated skid steer such as the JD 333d. I'm sure there are others out there using loader mount tools like this as well.

Ideas?

/ Loader Mount Mulcher and 3pt Hydraulic Power Pack, 30gpm #2  
Check the Landpride website, they make 3 different models I believe and the largest I believe is over 30gpm at 3,000psi.

What tractor are you planning to use with this?

/ Loader Mount Mulcher and 3pt Hydraulic Power Pack, 30gpm
Hmm.. I'm stuck between the loader mount, or a boom mower that's 3pt mounted.

Would be on the 5115M.

/ Loader Mount Mulcher and 3pt Hydraulic Power Pack, 30gpm #4  
I think you would be better off on the PTO unfortunately. I think you'd have much more HP to work with and also the 3 point hardware would probably hold up to the heavy stress of a mulcher much longer than the FEL would.

/ Loader Mount Mulcher and 3pt Hydraulic Power Pack, 30gpm
Only reason I'm for the FEL mount is so I can get to high places on and around trees, and better access up hillsides.

The boom operated rotary cutter that is 3pt mount looks pretty awesome.

/ Loader Mount Mulcher and 3pt Hydraulic Power Pack, 30gpm #6  
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a skid steer type forestry mulcher powered hydraulically and a 3pt hydraulic power pack that will produce to 30-40gpm needed by the mulcher.

John Deere has some best tools, such as their MH60 mulcher MH60 Mulching Head Attachment from John*Deere And then the HP21 Hydraulic Power Pack John*Deere HP21 Series Hydraulic Power Packs Landscape Equipment JohnDeere.com However it only produces 20 gpm

The usage will be for clearing brush and trees. I'd rather use a tractor and loader as opposed to a dedicated skid steer such as the JD 333d. I'm sure there are others out there using loader mount tools like this as well.

Ideas?

Your choices are either to go with a skid steer mulcher on a skid steer or a PTO attached mulcher on your tractor. Ag tractors are not set up for a mulcher on the front loader portion. Fecon offers both and they are by far the leader in the industry. They make the skid steer one for John Deere too, however it is a different design than the Fecon branded version. I suggest calling Fecon 800 528-3113. They deal with this stuff all day, every day.

/ Loader Mount Mulcher and 3pt Hydraulic Power Pack, 30gpm #7  

Ideas?

Think about operator protection too. Most of those skids are running a 1/2" lexan door so that when, not if, but when the mulcher throws a big chunk of unground tree at you it doesn't land in your lap.

I'm not sure I'd want to run a SS mulching head on a tractor, even a cabbed one without some up-armoring first. Also think about protection for the radiator, and other 'soft' front mounted stuff on a tractor.

I know some of the mulching companies make 3-point mount mulchers. Sucks to drive backwards all the time, but you'll have more usable power via pto vs using the PTO to make hydraulic flow/pressure.

I've looked for snow blowing uses, and the biggest power pack I'd found was in the 25 GPM range.