990 to sqaure bale hay?

/ 990 to sqaure bale hay? #11  
Yes the old tractors used to do it but we also used to do it with 2hp, two draft horses, /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. There's a reason so many people are killed every year with farming. One big reason is not using the right equipment for the right job. Could you get by doing it? Sure you can but at what price? Never had an accident that's great. Doesn't mean it isn't going to happen and doesn't mean it's any safer. A tractor, baler, haywagon, etc. can tip over or jack knife in a flash. You can't prepare for it. Farmers with 30 years of exp. have it happen.

I can bale with my 4600. But go bale with the 4600 and then go bale with the 4020 and tell me which tractor you feel safer on and which tractor you think is doing a better job. If you don't know any better you won't know what a good safe job is supposed to feel like. A person can get by with alot but how much is your life and limb worth?

/ 990 to sqaure bale hay? #12  
We never had any problems bailing hay with our 1070. I for one do not feel that safe on a 4020 without a roll bar. We never pulled the baler and wagon though. I find it easier to bail fast without a wagon then pick the bales up later. My dad and grandpa used to bail their hay with our Massey 135 gas. No problem there either.

/ 990 to sqaure bale hay?
Thats about 1100 lbs lighter than I figured. Sounds possible, but I don't think Id do it frequently. Why are the little green machines lighter than say KIOTI and Mahindra?