Tractor News Yanmar dealers in the US

/ Yanmar dealers in the US #11  
I don't think you'll ever see Yanmar over take JD in the US. JD has too much brand loyalty here even if some of it just blind, rabid, green koolaid drinking loyalty.

/ Yanmar dealers in the US #12  
I don't think you'll ever see Yanmar over take JD in the US. JD has too much brand loyalty here even if some of it just blind, rabid, green koolaid drinking loyalty.

I don't think they are trying. I however don't see JD taking over market share of small diesel manufacturing from Yanmar or Kubota in Japan or anywhere else. I don't see JD competing in tractor sales in the under 25hp with Yanmar. JD uses Yanmar diesels for one reason they are among the best.

HS

/ Yanmar dealers in the US #13  
It's an up hill battle for Yanmar in TRACTOR sales anyway.

My dealer had sold ~45 1-Series tractors by August. One of their other stores had sold over 60.

Most of those were 1025Rs and they all had Yanmar engines of course. But near me there are 6 JD dealers within 50 miles, and 1 Yanmar dealer. So they have a ways to go.

/ Yanmar dealers in the US #14  
Yanmar is in no way trying take over Deere. If JD canceled their contract to buy Yanmar engines, they would take a huge hit financially. Yanmar is like everyone else, they just want a piece of the marketshare. They need to recoup their money from MTD for buying Cud Cadet.

/ Yanmar dealers in the US #15  
Yanmar didn't buy cub cadet. Joint venture.

/ Yanmar dealers in the US #16  
I think if Yanmar would put their colors on and get the yellow/black off, Yanmar would take off.

HS

/ Yanmar dealers in the US #17  
I have owned two Deeres with Yanmar diesels. With routine maint. these engines perform flawlessly. Also owned a Kubota 25 hp diesel in a RTV. None of the diesels used oil, failed to start or perform. My NH has a turbocharged shibera, also a great performer. My question is why are these small diesels not powering lite duty trucks ? I see Toyota diesel trucks / vans in Jamaca. The owners claim fantastic long hour / mile usage and great fuel mileage. Some point to not meeting clean air standards. With the efficiency why would they not ? Do import laws penalize them heavily if in a motor vehicle ?

/ Yanmar dealers in the US #18  
I have owned two Deeres with Yanmar diesels. With routine maint. these engines perform flawlessly. Also owned a Kubota 25 hp diesel in a RTV. None of the diesels used oil, failed to start or perform. My NH has a turbocharged shibera, also a great performer. My question is why are these small diesels not powering lite duty trucks ? I see Toyota diesel trucks / vans in Jamaca. The owners claim fantastic long hour / mile usage and great fuel mileage. Some point to not meeting clean air standards. With the efficiency why would they not ? Do import laws penalize them heavily if in a motor vehicle ?

To work in a light truck, they'd need to put out several times more power than they are now. They'd also have to weigh a fraction of what they do now. Most importantly, they'd have to cost a fraction of what they do now. Crank up the horsepower, cut the weight, and cut expense, and you'd wind up with the small diesels they use in road vehicles now ;)

/ Yanmar dealers in the US #20  
To work in a light truck, they'd need to put out several times more power than they are now. They'd also have to weigh a fraction of what they do now. Most importantly, they'd have to cost a fraction of what they do now. Crank up the horsepower, cut the weight, and cut expense, and you'd wind up with the small diesels they use in road vehicles now ;)

I am not saying take the tractor motor and transplant it into a truck. Much different application. I am refering to foreign lite truck diesels, Toyota, Nissan, ect, that are currently manufactured and on the road ( but not in the US. ) I read Nissan is coming out with a Cummins diesel for 2015 in their 1/2 ton version. Foreign countries have depended on lite four wheel drive / van / passenger transportation diesels for many years. The question is why can't they be imported to the US without a 20,000 page manuscript of regulations ? Better yet put an American name tag on it, pay off the right sources, and sell on Monday.