Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100 & B7610

Default Yanmar dealers in the US

Now that Yanmar is setting up dealers in the US to sell Yanmar branded tractors. Why pay extra for the status of green paint. I don't see much difference in the tractors. What will John Deere do now? Will they start to make small tractors and engines and stop repainting Yanmar equipment?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Deere 1025R

Default Re: Yanmar dealers in the US

I don't understand the question.

The 1 Series ARE Deere tractors. They are designed and built in August, GA. They do us a Yanmar engine but everything else is Deere or Deere supplier.

X300, X500, and X700 are all American made with outsourced engines (Briggs, Kawasaki for gas and Yanmar for diesel).

And honestly it is probably the best way to do it. Why make their own small engines when you can outsource it to someone who specializes in them and knows them a lot better?

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420

I think the Op is overgeneralizing the relationship between Yanmar and John Deere, perhaps even trolling a bit, eh?

In my brief time in this marketplace I've observed John Deere and Yanmar diverge, in that JD produces more parts and engines outside of Yanmar factories in India, China, and Mexico. At the same time, we've seen larger Green & Yellow JD tractors, without Yanmar engines, show up on Yanmar dealerships in Japan, so the two companies appear to be continuing and evolving their relationships.

True, I bought my Yanmar partly because I wasn't paying a higher JD price, but also in part that I wasn't paying a higher kubota price either. I liked what I learned about Yanmar's reputation with quality and reliability and I liked the Yellow and Black paint scheme better than Green, Orange, Red, or Blue. My LX also has lots of neat features and styling I assume is owed to Cub Cadet's relationship with Yanmar when they started designing US tractors together. In any event, I like what has evolved from the Yanmar brand so far and I hope they steal more customers, regardless of the other tractor company's paint color.

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Quote Originally Posted by Raddad View Post
    Now that Yanmar is setting up dealers in the US to sell Yanmar branded tractors. Why pay extra for the status of green paint. I don't see much difference in the tractors. What will John Deere do now? Will they start to make small tractors and engines and stop repainting Yanmar equipment?
    There is no extra money for status of green paint, I would submit that Yanmar diesels have as much or more status world wide than JD diesels. The reason the worlds heavy equipment companies use them is because they are high quality. Only kubota is in the same ballpark for small diesels. The reason JD doesn't make small diesel engines is because they can't beat Yanmar at it, simple. Yanmar partnered with BMW a few years back to share technologies for direct injection and high pressure turbo diesels. You might find that the Yanmar small diesel in your JD is the best, highest quality part in a JD.

HS

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400

It's like the relationships that kubota has with various manufacturers that use their diesel engines.
    Japanese engineering and quality is hard to beat. Small Kubota and Yanmar engines have stood the test of time and are known to be the best.
    I think Case and NH made a bad move when they stopped sourcing their compact engines/drivetrains from Japan.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Deere 1025R

All of the above, and the Japanese are the master of the small combustion engine.

They produce tons of them, and not just for tractors. Most of the motorcycles in the world run on Japanese designed and engineered small engines too.

Heck even my KTM dirtbike (which is Austrian) uses a bunch of parts with "made in Japan" stamped on them.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3320 - gator cx

Very true. I raced Honda quads for years and the only thing that didn't break was the engine.

Tractor
    '11 Deere 1026R

Hey raddad,

Maybe with yanmar on the scene deere will redesign the 2000R series and produce them along side the 1000 series. I'd be definitely interested in one.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

Quote Originally Posted by trktrman View Post
    I think Case and NH made a bad move when they stopped sourcing their compact engines/drivetrains from Japan.
    They didn't. They're using either Mitsubishi or Shibaura engines in all the compact lines from what I recall.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Perhaps the op is thinking of yesteryear when indeed JD tractors were rebadged Yanmars however they were not exactly the same tractor as they were built to JD specs. This applies to the 50 series, 70 series and 90 series JD tractors. John Deere has long ago given up on this relationship to build an entires series of tractor. The plastic fantastic 3032E and 3038E may be built by Yanmar . Have heard varying reports on those tractors as to who did the build on these so can't say for sure.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast