JD 990 is here

/ JD 990 is here #11  
Was that the price for just the tractor or for the tractor and loader? If for both you got a great deal on a great tractor!

Nick
990 4x4 turf, 272 RFM, 430 loader, 25A flail

/ JD 990 is here
Hello zuiko and yellowsocks93. That price was the whole thing -- tractor, loader, and the other accessories listed above. What I forgot to mention in that list was greased, assembled, 1/2 tank of diesel, the power beyond kit (and the installation of the kit), and work light.

As I checked around, the best cash price I could get was just shy of $20k. I've been completely satisfied with this dealer. He's about 10 miles away. So far so good.

When I started looking, there weren't too many posts regarding the 990, but recently there has been a few more popping up. I'm also glad to see 990s in MN and Alaska. We can compare notes on winter diesel starting.

Yes, I know. Pictures. They're still in the camera (the kind with film.)

/ JD 990 is here #13  
I paid $19250 for the 990, 430 loader w/4n1 bucket and 3rd scv to control it, and a mx-6 rotary cutter w/slip clutch, filled tires, delivered. The 4n1 with the valve added $1250. The list on the mx-6 with the cluth is about $2300.

I was originally quoted $19750 with R4s but the dealer accidently wrote the part number for the R1s on the order so I took a $500 discount and kept the R1s.

It took me 2 months to get also, I ordered it before July 4th and just got it 2-3 weeks ago.

I'm thinking about getting a fiberglass canopy for it next spring. That should make it even better /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

/ JD 990 is here #14  
Congra's Sir ,
I wish you the best of good luck and fortune with your 990 , I am very happy /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif with mine and hope you have as much or more enjoyment with yours ..
Bill g.
Welcome to the club ... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ JD 990 is here #15  
"Price before tax was $17,450. "

Yikes !!!! good deal. Best deal I found on that tractor with 4WD, R4's and loader was $18,800.
Nice work...Have fun.

/ JD 990 is here #16  
"Was going to get a 790, but my wife said, "Don't you think that looks too small?" Since I can't argue with that kind of logic, we now have the 990".

While looking at the JD 790/NH TC30/Kubota L2600, my wife said the same thing. Smart women we married. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I ended up ordering a Kubota L3830.

/ JD 990 is here #17  
Seems to me you got the tractor under cost. What us who work at the dealer get!

/ JD 990 is here
I don't know about dealer cost, but I spent awhile looking at 990 used prices. For the most part, I found them for more or less the same price I could buy new. Then I checked with an out of state dealer (the father-of-a-friend-of-my-wife kind of thing) and he thought the dealer was splitting part of his factory incentive with me. I don't know why.

There was a dead tree blocking a path which had been there for a couple years. In about 3 minutes I had the thing shoved aside. Then I filled in some low spots in the driveway with an extra pile of gravel I have. Scoop, drive, dump, drag bucket, rake, done. How did I get along (3 years) without one of these things?

And I've really gotta watch out turning. That bucket sticks out farther than it look from the seat. Just what I need -- gouge the side of the van or put a big hole in the side of the pole barn. For my own peace of mind I've been driving in first gear, range A, and low idle while in the pole barn.

/ JD 990 is here #19  
Well list price on the 990s that we all have is something like 16,000 MSRP and we at the dealer can't go much lower than that because there is not that much markup on them. So your loader would have been 1,400 and I have no idea what they go for besides the MSRP of like 3 or so grand. Just a thought. Did you get a bucket level indicator? For only 25 or 30 bucks its a good deal. Might help with your grading.

/ JD 990 is here #20  
Yep - Having a tractor spoils a guy. I use mine to move gravel, dirt, logs, brush, etc... They are a great machine. I've even managed to nudge out some small stumps.

I recently used mine to haul tools and materials for shingling the gable ends on my garage/shop. I set up some scaffolding for me to work from, and raised the bucket for convenient access to my saw, shingles, nails etc. This saves me from climbing up and down with the materials and equipment. When I'm done for the day, I just drive the tractor back in shop out of the wind and rain, and it's ready to go the next time I am.

Last weekend, I mounted skids on an old 12 X 20 shed and dragged it to a new location with the tractor. The 990 didn't even grunt hard. Plenty of torque with that 4 cyl.

Glad to hear you are enjoying life with your new tractor. I know I am..

John