Arrogant dealer

/ Arrogant dealer #1  

cosguy

Tractor
none
I'm looking to get my first tractor, and after looking at the BX-25D and 1025R FILB, I decided on the Deere. The only problem I'm having is with my local dealer. When I asked for a quote, the salesman came back with $22,348 before tax. When I told him that I was aware that other dealers sold at less than retail, I was told, "If you buy from another dealer, we won't service your tractor for you." I really don't care about having a dealer service my tractor...what does concern me is any warranty work that may have to be done in the future. I'm in Colorado Springs, but will now go anywhere to get a tractor. I will definitely not be buying local. Can anybody recommend a respectable dealer within 500 miles of Colorado Springs?

/ Arrogant dealer #2  
Web search says there are two JD dealers in Colorado Springs. How bout the other one?

/ Arrogant dealer #3  
Usually dealers are a franchise. It doesn't matter if it's a Subway or car dealers, they all have to abide by the corporate rules regardless of if they're indepednantly owned; or else they lose their contract to associate, advertise and sell the brand.

What is always (99% of the time) part of that contract is having to maintain uniformity across the corporation's dealer network. If you bought a F-150 50 miles away because you got a better deal, the ford dealer 5 miles away can't refuse service to you, ESPECIALLY warrantied service. Because the warranty is contractually obligated to be fufilled by the dealer network.

So most likely either your local dealer provides you with service, or else the local dealership breaches their contract and loses the ability to even sell Deere.

If I were you I would email John Deere Executives

Max A. Guinn
Senior Vice President,
Human Resources, Communications,
Public Affairs, and Labor Relations

Laurie S. Simpson
Vice President and
Chief Compliance Officer
Deere & Company

Mary K. W. Jones
Senior Vice President and
General Counsel
Deere & Company

You will have to try different combinations to figure out their email, but it is usually LastName.FirstName@deere.com or LastName.MiddleInitial.FirstName@deere.com

If you do, make sure to CC all of them, if they know others got the same email they're more likely to pay attention.

The sale of a John Deere dealership is privately negotiated between the current owner and the prospective buyer. However, dealers do have a contract with either Deere & Company (for agricultural and commercial & consumer equipment dealerships) or John Deere Construction & Forestry Division (for construction and forestry equipment dealerships) to sell its products. Therefore, the issuance of a dealer contract is subject to approval by John Deere. This ensures that the prospective buyer will have sufficient resources and will adequately represent the John Deere brand and product in the marketplace.

http://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/Cor...porategovernance/code_of_business_conduct.pdf

You should also send a letter to their compliance helpline about what happened.

https://www.compliance-helpline.com/JohnDeere.jsp

Compliance Hotline Committee
P.O. Box 1192
Moline, IL 61266
-
USA

After you do this I would be very surprised if the dealer didn't call you up with a begging apology and express his desire to help you in any way.

/ Arrogant dealer #5  
Companies also tend to respond quickly to Twitter posts, as they know the whole world can also see them.

@johndeere is their account

http://www.twitter.com/johndeere

Tell them what happened & the dealer name, location & the person's name who told you this (if you remember it).

If you're not familiar with how twitter works, after you make an account you just make a twitter post and put @johndeere in front of whatever you post and it will show up in their feed. So you know someone in JD public relations will read it.

e.g.

@johndeere My local Colorado Springs, CO Deere dealership told me they would not service a new JD tractor if I bought it at a different JD dealership. I am shocked at how I'm being treated as a potential customer. The person who told me this is XXXXX XXXXXXXX.

Tweets (the messages you post on twitter) are limited to 140 characters.

/ Arrogant dealer #6  
I would also let them know this problem has been aired on TBN. It seems to me that a membership of more than 211,000 would get their attention!

/ Arrogant dealer #7  
Id go out of my way NOT to give this $&shole my money and tell all my friends about him too

/ Arrogant dealer #8  
Just go buy a tractor from another dealer, and have them service it too. If a dealer ain't good enough to sell you a tractor, then they sures the HE11 ain't good enough to work on it.

/ Arrogant dealer #9  
There is a dealer on TBN who has commented that he will beat other dealers prices even after shipping costs. I do not know if it is just for high dollar tractor purchases or the low dollar purchases I would do meaning $20k tractors.

/ Arrogant dealer
Thank you everybody for all of the replies! I will definitely let Deere corporate know about my experience. Hopefully, within a couple of weeks, I'll be able to call myself a JD tractor owner!! As this is going to be my first tractor, I wanted to make the right decision and go with Deere. After doing my due diligence of looking at the competition (Kubota, MF, Mahindra, and Kioti) I kept on coming back to Deere. Since I have a wife I have to keep happy (Happy wife happy life), the feature that sold her was the auto connect mower deck. Again, thanks for all of the responses.