72.2 KB · Views: 830
   / Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #12  
Pic 3.

Attachments

• 325399-3.JPG
    325399-3.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 706
   / Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #13  
Here's one more of the upper bracket. There is no additional frame strengthening pieces added to the frame.

Attachments

• 325554-Wallenstein001.jpg
    325554-Wallenstein001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 621
   / Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #14  
Let\'s twist again, like we did last summer!

I don't think I'm going to attach one of the buggers to my 2210 - just not enough meat for a hoe, I can already see the hydro cases twisting, then breaking into expensive little pieces.

I can't believe Deere would even allow them to "demo" a tractor setup this way.........guess the papers from the Deere lawyers will be next.

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #15  
Re: Let\'s twist again, like we did last summer!

I don't see JD caring one bit. They don't approve that type of attachment so they will not cover any problems associated with it being installed/used on the 2210. Heck even the BH manufacturer can say they are not liable for any damages, use at your own risk. Auto manufacturers can't stop people from modifying cars or trucks. If you do you are on your own, I see this as the same situation.

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #16  

No way I'd put that thing on my 2210. I bet it throws that little tractor around pretty good. I don't think even if Deere had a backhoe for it I would put it on there, its just not big enough for that kind of work.

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #17  

The JD2210 is the same size/weight as a BX22 and it handles it quite well. The hoe is sized to match the size of the tractor.

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #18  

jrlichina,

If I read your first post correctly, the 2210 frame is engineered in a way that allows the back hoe to be used on, but the 4010 frame would not support it. Is that correct.

I don't need a back hoe, but am curious.

Thanks

Bob

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #19  

The Wallenstein frame mount system for the 2210 "works" because it does have a full frame all the way to the rear of the tractor. Although I would like to see them add some reinforcement to the frame to help handle the stress of the hoe. The 4010's frame does not extend all the way to the rear of the tractor so it needs a different type of mounting system. It uses a subframe that basically hangs from a stronger 3-point mounting bracket bolted to the transaxle housing. The subframe has 2 long tubes that extend all the way to the loader mounting brackets. This effectively transfers most of the load to the front of the frame where it is much stronger. There is a nice post of someone's 4010 & 46BH. He also posted some nice pictures that may help you visualize what I'm saying.

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #20  

So if I read the thread correctly, a CAT 1 mounted backhoe on the 2210 is NOT recommended as it will transfer loads to the case instead of the frame? Important since I'm looking into purchasing a BH and sizing up the two attachment methods. Also, some are power beyond (PTO driven), others are powered by the tractor hydraulic. Any recommendation on this issue. If powered by the tractor HYD, where do you get the juice? I have the CSV for the FEL and snow blower chute; do I attach to the CSV and lock it to one side to get full flow? or connecto to the power steering banjo supplies?

Cheers