Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #1  

cbh

Bronze Member
Saw this at the Deerfield fair this weekend. I don't know if anyone has posted a picture of one installed on a 2210 yet, so here goes.

Attachments

• 322538-101_0131.JPG
    322538-101_0131.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 2,639
   / Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210
A closeup of where the BH attaches to the tractor. It is powered by the tractor hydraulics.

Attachments

• 322541-101_0132.JPG
    322541-101_0132.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 1,862
   / Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #3  
Interesting. I had never even heard of one.
I wonder if it is approved to use by JD.
Warranty issues?

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #4  
Steve,

I was wondering the same thing. I don't need one on my 4010, but if it fit the 2210, it'd probably fit mine as well.

I would be concerned about it ripping the tractor apart, but I'm not an engineer

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #5  
I bet that it will void all the warranty on the tractor.

SethO

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #7  
I have the Wallenstein GX 700 (7' reach) on my Kubota B2410 (painted orange). The one in you picture is the GX 600 with 6' reach. I've only had it about a month but so far, so good. The specs compared well with the other aftermarket manufacturers and it seems to work well, although I admittedly have little basis for comparison. By the way, they are made in Canada. I'll keep the attachment board posted if I run into any major difficulty.

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #8  
POOF ! no more warranty. Both the 2210 and the 4010 are two piece garden tractor style frames. The little BX Kubota is a 1 piece ladder type frame so it was deseigned with BH use in mind. I dont know about the 4010 but the 2210 has a aluminum alloy Transaxle. I'm not an engineer But I dont think youd run that one by JD with a warranty problem. For the cost of a BH and repairs you could just upgrade to the appropriate machine and be happy happy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Dave

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #9  
The BX, 2210, GC2310 are basically the same machine and have the same type of frame, a one piece ladder frame. The difference with the BX22 and the GC2310 is that they have a subframe added to them to handle the loads impossed by the BH. The Wallenstein BH mounts to the rear of the tractor with two pins via the upper brackets bolted to the upper rear frame fender brackets. The Lower lift arm pivot rod is replaced with a longer one that extends outside the frame to provide the lower mounting location for the BH. I believe there is no additional reinforcement to the tratcor frame with their mounting system. Once I find out I will pass that on. The frame on the 4XXX series tractor is not the same as the 2210. These have a frame that does not extend all the way to the rear of the tractor. The entire 3-point mounting is bolted to the transaxle housing, unlike the "sub compacts". They have the 3-point lower mounting located in the frame and the upper link on the transaxle housing. This is why a 3-point mount BH on the 4XXX series tractors is not recommended because the transaxle housing is taking all of the load impossed by the BH rather than the frame/subframe.

/ Picture of Wallenstein Backhoe on JD2210 #10  
Pic I received from Wallenstein showing 2210 w/GX600 hoe mounted.

Attachments

• 325391-1.JPG
    325391-1.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,902