Defecting

/ Defecting #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
In the continuing debate between my love of the 4300 and the Kubota L3010...I'm leaning toward the green machine. Having long been a devoted Kubota owner, I feel like a defector for even looking at Deere! But the 4300 is a really nice tractor! I love the ergonomics and all those little touches that make it so easy to use and service. I especially love the visibility from the seat. That's incredibly important to someone whose five dogs trot next to the tractor while the field is being mowed (my dogs are better mousers than my three cats). And that hydraulic capacity blows my socks off!

Still waiting for input from Steve Carver, who has been a perfect gentleman throughout my contacts with him, but if I buy locally it would most likely be the Deere just because the dealer is so wonderful! The man from the local Kubota dealer spends all his time trying to cut down Deere products. He's pretty much lost all credibility with me, and I wouldn't feel comfortable taking my tractor back to him for service.

Sure, the Deere costs more...but I'm willing to pay for integrity.

Pete in the Green Mountains of Northern Vermont
(See, even the mountains are green...when not covered in snow)

/ Defecting #2  
Pete, those of us in the JD ranks will welcome a convert with open arms. I'm particularly envious as I had seriously considered a 4300 when I bought my 790. From what I learned about that tractor you'll be very happy with your choice /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif (I still check them out when I'm near the dealer)

18-31093-790sig1.gif

/ Defecting #3  
I agree with your feelings about the dealer... I still say that the dealer is the real differance between the top three brands (on this board, anyway /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif).

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
markcg_sig.gif

/ Defecting #4  
Pete

I went though the same thing before I bought the 4300. I tested the 3010 and really liked it. Came real close to buying it until I test drove a 4300. The selling points for me were the vission from the seat(much better than the 3010), the hydro pedals(much easier and more comfortable to work than the 3010), location of the fel contol handle, and the comfort of the machine(it just fits me better). I found that buying a new one with the loader and b/h would really stretch my finances so I looked for and found a used one. The 47 b/h is really all I need and it works great, just wish I had the 430 ldr instead of the 420.
That's as much of a review as I can give you with only 10 hrs put on by me so far(total hrs on tractor now=326). Oh, one more point. I took off the b/h and the fel the other day for the first time. It was so easy I even amazed myself. I put them back on and that only took me between 15 and 20 minutes total for both. That's not bad for the first time and I was going real slow trying to remember everything step by step. There's not that much to remember but not that much of a memory either. Next time I'm sure I'll be able to do it in between 10 and 15 minutes of less.

Jerry

/ Defecting #5  
Pete,
By the sounds your mind is made up,and you should go w/ your gut feeling.

This is how I would rank buying a tractor or a pickup.
1.Being comfortable.
2.The dealer.
3.Price.
Ahh we won't hold it against you if you should defect...will not all that much. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Defecting #6  
If your dogs are better mousers and you purchase a John Deere...lets see...that means you could have a Deere Mouse...better known as a field mouse. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Defecting #7  
When I was looking to buy last year, I stopped at Carver Kubota, they were pretty helpful but then I went right next door to harnett tractor and looked at the JDs, I made several trips back and forth and between the dealers before going green. It was nice to have both dealers right next to each other, made comparing really easy. I got a better deal at the green dealer.