Thinking about a 790

/ Thinking about a 790 #21  
So Jerry what are thinking of upgrading to? Possibly a TN75?

Just Curious
Eric

/ Thinking about a 790 #22  
Well, I'm not sure if you're toying with me as I don't know what exactly a TN75 is, but I was thinking of something in a class III variety. Something with at least 2,000lbs of capacity in the loader and 3pt. TC40, JD 4510, Kubota ?

/ Thinking about a 790 #23  
790 is very good to me so far. Does everything without aproblem. I have similar needs as you 11 acres, horses, snow, tree skidding,brush hogging, light landscaping, moving rocks,etc.

Very basic solid tractor- no bells and whistles, easy to use and service.

/ Thinking about a 790 #24  
Sorry about highjacking the post.
Jerry
The TN75 is the top of the line for NH in the utility series. Its a nice looking tractor with lots of power (75HP) and a great loader. When I was looking at them they were about 26K for the tractor and I think about 30K with the loader. Robert_in_NY has the TN65 and Phred has the TN70D which are basically the same thing. A picture can be seen at <font color="blue">http://www.newholland.com/na/Products/tn_farm.html. </font> I was thinking you were going to go from CUT to utility but it sound like your going with the bigger CUT. Sounds good.

I was just curious.
Eric

/ Thinking about a 790 #25  
Don't foget to check your battery and cables. If you have a corrosion issue, I would suggest repalcing the battery now.

/ Thinking about a 790 #26  
I have the "upgraded" battery with the diff. caps, so far so good. I check it and the hold downs often, no leakeage at all.

Thanks

/ Thinking about a 790 #27  
What have you found is the best way for removing the battery?
The factory operators manual tells you to remove the FEL, then to remove the front grill guard, then remove the battery.
It looks to me that it would be much easier to remove the air filter and then just lift the battery straight up.
Thanks for your help, Bill

/ Thinking about a 790 #28  
The front grille comes off very easy. A couple of springs as I recall. We lifted the loader out of the way. You can always block it as necessay to ensure it won't drop.

/ Thinking about a 790 #29  
Hi...

Here's some photos of an older brother of the 790... it's a 1987 Deere 750 with only 1015 hours on it...

It's a great tractor... no issues with the brakes or PTO... although never brush hogged with it... I must be crazy for selling it ! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dave...

/ Thinking about a 790 #30  
Nice looking machine for the age. I wish they made tractors like that today. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif