Convincing the Wife

/ Convincing the Wife #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
I've tried using logic to convince the Wife that a new tractor is a necessity. She can't understand. All logic aside, it comes down to feelings.

Have you ever watched a little boy play with his Tonka toys endlessly, happily? Making those little diesel noises as he moves things around? That's how I feel on my tractor. It might be mindlessly repetitive. The use of fuel may sometimes skirt the edge of logic. There might at times even be easier ways of doing some of the things I do on the Kubota. But after all I've done and seen in my life, after the various forms of confinement I've experienced (submarines, then college), after the often senseless losses I've seen...puttering in the open air surrounded by forest and dogs and fresh air -- with occasional visits from the Wife -- brings me a pure and simple form of joy.

So how do I tell her it's about joy?

Pete

Yearning for a bigger tractor!

/ Convincing the Wife #2  
Indeed I understand what your talking about,but some women...how does that go...<font color=red>boys with there toys<font color=red><font color=black>...just don't understand. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

I think you better sweeten the pot also find out your wife weakness. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Good luck don't give up even if your considering defecting. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Convincing the Wife #3  
Pete,
Try this...I started off looking at getting a used (and rather busted-up) Ingersol Rand garden tractor. After searching several places for this type of 'tractor' (mostly all shi**# ones) my wife TOLD me "just get a new one!" Thus, I am the proud owner of a 2001 JD 4100 HST :)

/ Convincing the Wife #4  
My wife and I have an arrangment.

I get to buy tractors, tools, build shops, etc. In return she gets lots of diamonds. I cannot figure out what is the big deal with shinny rocks but she likes them. She says the same about my interests.

/ Convincing the Wife #5  
I convince the wife that it's in her best interest ..... Hun, just think of those beautiful gardens that will grow so much better after I've tilled things up (with my new 60" 3-pt. tiller)!

It runs in the family.... My father bought my Mom a chain-saw for her birthday one time .... they remained married /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Good luck!
Technique is everything ....

/ Convincing the Wife #6  
Exactly what happened with me /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. My wife couldn't believe the "junk" I was looking at (I'd thought they were ok, but what do I know /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif). Only differance is mine's a 790 /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
markcg_sig.gif

/ Convincing the Wife #7  
Pete:
My wife likes matching colors. Didn't find any jewelry colors that went with <font color=orange>Orange</font color=orange>. However, diamonds worked. Valentines Day is only a few days away.

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ Convincing the Wife
Thanks for the support, guys. The problem with heaping gifts upon the Wife is that we have absolutely no consumer debt and really want to keep it that way. If I buy the tractor, we can't afford diamonds this year. Besides, she never wears jewelry. She's very much a country girl.

I think I need to take some of that black cherry stickered in our dining room and make her something REALLY NICE! Like a kitchen.

Pete

Yearning for a bigger tractor!