Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3240HST, KX-121-3S

Default Convincing the Wife

I've tried using logic to convince the Wife that a new tractor is a necessity. She can't understand. All logic aside, it comes down to feelings.

Have you ever watched a little boy play with his Tonka toys endlessly, happily? Making those little diesel noises as he moves things around? That's how I feel on my tractor. It might be mindlessly repetitive. The use of fuel may sometimes skirt the edge of logic. There might at times even be easier ways of doing some of the things I do on the kubota. But after all I've done and seen in my life, after the various forms of confinement I've experienced (submarines, then college), after the often senseless losses I've seen...puttering in the open air surrounded by forest and dogs and fresh air -- with occasional visits from the Wife -- brings me a pure and simple form of joy.

So how do I tell her it's about joy?

Pete

Yearning for a bigger tractor!

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046

Default Re: Convincing the Wife

Indeed I understand what your talking about,but some women...how does that go...<font color=red>boys with there toys<font color=red><font color=black>...just don't understand. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

I think you better sweeten the pot also find out your wife weakness. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Good luck don't give up even if your considering defecting. [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thomas..NH [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Tractor
    John Deere 4100 HST

Pete,
    Try this...I started off looking at getting a used (and rather busted-up) Ingersol Rand garden tractor. After searching several places for this type of 'tractor' (mostly all shi**# ones) my wife TOLD me "just get a new one!" Thus, I am the proud owner of a 2001 JD 4100 HST

Silver Member
    Tractor
    1999 Kubota L4310 HST 4WD, R4 Tires, Folding ROPS, Kubota Canopy

My wife and I have an arrangment.

I get to buy tractors, tools, build shops, etc. In return she gets lots of diamonds. I cannot figure out what is the big deal with shinny rocks but she likes them. She says the same about my interests.

Tractor
    John Deere 790

I convince the wife that it's in her best interest ..... Hun, just think of those beautiful gardens that will grow so much better after I've tilled things up (with my new 60" 3-pt. tiller)!

It runs in the family.... My father bought my Mom a chain-saw for her birthday one time .... they remained married [img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Good luck!
    Technique is everything ....

Gold Member
    Tractor
    790 John Deere, 2000

Exactly what happened with me [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]. My wife couldn't believe the "junk" I was looking at (I'd thought they were ok, but what do I know [img]/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif[/img]). Only differance is mine's a 790 [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>

Tractor
    Kubota 2910 HST

Pete:
    My wife likes matching colors. Didn't find any jewelry colors that went with <font color=orange>Orange</font color=orange>. However, diamonds worked. Valentines Day is only a few days away.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3240HST, KX-121-3S

Thanks for the support, guys. The problem with heaping gifts upon the Wife is that we have absolutely no consumer debt and really want to keep it that way. If I buy the tractor, we can't afford diamonds this year. Besides, she never wears jewelry. She's very much a country girl.

I think I need to take some of that black cherry stickered in our dining room and make her something REALLY NICE! Like a kitchen.

Pete

Yearning for a bigger tractor!