John Deere 302A

/ John Deere 302A #1  

mdwilkins

Tractor
MF 1030, 1949 John Deere B
Looking for opinions on a 302A. I have researched the data on the tractor and it looks like it will handle what i need. I need something to do genral work around 33 acres small farm. Move around the manure pile, drag the horse ring, work on the 1/4 mile drive, pull logs out of the woods for firewood etc. I will also use my 5ft brush hog to knock down about 3 acres of fields on a hill full of rocks and dips (let me tell you what a fun job that one is, your neck hurts after spending as much time looking behind as ahead). I have been searching and have not found much for reviews on the machine. What are peoples experience, I see good things about the 1020 which is the green version of the same tractor but very little on the 302.

Thanks.

/ John Deere 302A #2  
I have a well worn 302A. great tractor. "removable" loader with turf bucket that will lift anything with enough counter weight. most parts are available. the 50HP 3 cylinder diesel is very loud but strong even at 6100+ hours. they did have a gas engine option also. Mine does not have a reverser trans and you are better off with out it. I do over all like the tractor.