Price Check 5085M Price check and Let 'er rip boys

/ 5085M Price check and Let 'er rip boys #11  
I can't believe you guys are operating loaders without ballasts. The Manual for the H310 specifically states minimum ballast is just over 4000 lbs with more than half on the 3 point and the rest on the rear axle (tire fill and or wheel weights). OMW55317. I have a 5075M with H260 and carry 2200 lbs on the 3 point and according to the manual, I should have additional 900 on the axle and 700 lbs more without the cab. As for the LSS, I don't have one, but it is used for transport only over rough terrain. It is to be turned of for digging and back dragging. You be the judge on how you will use your loader.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/attachments/364575d1394392334-ballast-photos-ballast-010.jpg

Last edited:
   / 5085M Price check and Let 'er rip boys #12  
Some people just aren't that bright. The two 6r tractors I ran were someone else's. I said he should ballast it but he didn't care. That person swaps out tractors every year so he doesn't care about that stuff, he doesn't even know what he's got. I've got the 553 loader on my 5083. Since it's got a cab it's rare I need any ballast.

image-4278706060.jpg

My rear wasn't even a little bouncy and all I had on the rear was a little landscape rake.

/ 5085M Price check and Let 'er rip boys
I was hoping someone could tell me about the suspended loader option. I've never used one and I thought it might be helpful. Also I looked for differences with the Deluxe cab but I don't see anything except the loadview window and the rear washer. I've had the washer disconnected on my machines for years and I never miss that, and I just don't care about connectivity. So

Is there any difference in the Deluxe Air Seat, instrumentation, right hand console or floor material From the standard cab to the Deluxe cab. an example would be if the seat back extension was included with the Deluxe cab. I think the standard cab is poorly named because it is quite a step up from the base cab.

Has anyone tried the 563 or H series loader with the loader suspension system.

As far as ballast I use all I can get, the 6430 with cab, winch, tire chains, and full length skid plates and limb risers weighed in at 18,500lbs. I regularly lifted carried and loaded logs that weighed over 4000lbs onto trucks and trailers. I only ever felt light when i lifted a pallet with 64 80 lb bags of concrete. My main concern then was the front radials.

I don't mind having leftover loader capacity since the price is not much more than a H260 The 310 lifts higher by 12 inches which is huge for me and the 310's reach is only 4 inches more than the 260's. So I think the 310 is still the right choice for me.

/ 5085M Price check and Let 'er rip boys #14  
   / 5085M Price check and Let 'er rip boys
Thanks Dishpointer,
for the tip, he seems to really like the suspended loader. I probably should have searched threads for that.

/ 5085M Price check and Let 'er rip boys #16  
Might be a stupid question but what exactly does the suspension do?

/ 5085M Price check and Let 'er rip boys #17  
Might be a stupid question but what exactly does the suspension do?

An accumulator that is charged with nitrogen is "T"ed into the lift side of the loader boom cylinders. Bumps and jolts when driving the tractor over rough ground that are transmitted to the loader are "cushioned" by the nitrogen being able to expand and contract, unlike hydraulic fluid.

/ 5085M Price check and Let 'er rip boys #18  
Seems pretty nice. Thanks for explaining!

/ 5085M Price check and Let 'er rip boys #19  
wow, deere is so over priced...sounds like a nice setup...but wow......

/ 5085M Price check and Let 'er rip boys #20  
wow, deere is so over priced...sounds like a nice setup...but wow......

Hmmmm... This statement being made by a New Holland dealer. OK, Ill bite. feature for feature, spec for spec, pound for pound what does NH have and how much is it to compare to this setup and what is the country of origin?