decision time tomorrow

/ decision time tomorrow #1  

mikemike39

Tractor
JD 4410
high noon approaches..

As long as the dealer comes through with the pricing he said he will - by this time tomorrow I should have placed my order

It looks like a 4115 with a FEL and also a mower/collector for the rear PTO - with turfs

I got very tempted by the 4310 but in the end I think the extra weight will be more often a problem for me (ie when mowing around my house where the turf can get fairly soft) than an advantage (ie when pulling a tiller or similar)

It will cost me a little more than the Kubota I looked at but the dealer is closer and I like them.

I could still save some cash and go for the 4110 or spend some more and go for the 4310

How do I decide?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Will I be able to sleep? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cheers Mike

/ decision time tomorrow #2  
I have a 4310 with turfs and 80% of its work is mowing with a 60in deck. It works very well even around houses and wet areas. Sure it sinks in a little in the wetest areas but the 4115 won't exactly float either. I too was eyeing the 4115 until I decided that I would like the extra power for mowing on grades and for use with the fel. I don't think you would regret more horsepower, but either way both machines are great. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
John

Just my $.02

/ decision time tomorrow #3  
Have the 4300 with 430 FEL and 47 BH, and several implements. Love it...period. It does more than I ever imagined and it never complains. I have a smaller Yanmar for pulling a mower and I have a Case dozer (550 Long track) for bigger earth moving but it is the 4300 that is the best machine. I have also used several skid-steer loaders with various attachments but none are the professional machine that the JD 4300 is.
I think your biggest reason to go with the bigger tractor is not just horsepower. I believe that the 4110 has significantly fewer possible attachments...check that out but I believe I am correct. Your tractor will work by its implements...so more options is more work it will do for you. You may not think you will use more attachments...but you may be surprised what you end up "needing" to buy in the future. If you only ever plan to cut grass the 4110 would be fine (or just buy a zero-turn mower). But if you plan other uses/projects the bigger tractor may really make a difference. Just my 2 cents too! Best of luck..JD is a great machine and will serve you for a long time (aka a lifetime).

/ decision time tomorrow #4  
In my opinion if you are doing a lot of trimming, I would get the 4115 because the mower would be easier to trim with as it would stick out more from the tractor. Unless you get a 4310 with 72'' deck. Both are good though.

/ decision time tomorrow #5  
I second what yellowsocks says.
How much do you have to mow? How tight do you need to turn? I use my 4310 like a weedeater with my 5 ft rotary cutter...Kyle