4110 Final Drive

/ 4110 Final Drive #1  
Tractor
Hakotrac 2100 DA
Hi,

I have a while back purchased a Hakotrac 2100 DA. This is a Yanmar built tractor, and to the best of my research it seems to be the same base tractor as the John Deere 4110. I have confirmed that the engine is the same - the Yanmar 3TNE74, but the rest is just based on a visual similarity that goes beyon just looking fairly alike.

My tractor was bought for a bargain knowing that the left hand rear final drive was busted. And since the Hakotrac spare parts are insanely expensive in Sweden where I live, I'm looking to buy the internal to the final drive in US where they cost approximately 1/3 of Swedish prices.

Now I'm looking for help to verify that I'm right in my conclusions above regarding tractor kinship, and that gears from a JD will fit my Hakotrac.

Below is two picture showing a JD rear end, and a printout from the JD OEM spare catalogue. Under it is a similar view on my specific tractor along with a similar view from the Hako OEM spare catalogue.

My gear (#22 in the JD Catalogue printout below) has 46 teeth, a total diameter of 144mm and a tooth width of 35mm. Could anyone confirm that this is the same as the JD part number M807858?

sv.JPGImage.gif
P3010153_s.JPGHako_Äkta.JPG

/ 4110 Final Drive #3  
David, welcome to TBN.
I have a 4110, just not sure how I could help other than taking my tractor apart-but sorry that's not happening! In fact that pic you posted is mine when I was showing the mower lock-up kit.

Possibly calling a dealer in the US, ask them to search for a dealer who has one in stock then call them and ask them to measure for you. I just checked and my closest 5 dealers show zero in stock.

View attachment 365984

/ 4110 Final Drive
Thanks Kennyd!
I get that it's a longshot that someone should be able to answer my question right away :)

I guess my best chance would be if any one have had their final drive apart and had documentet it the same way as I did.

I'll give your suggestion a go today by calling a few JD service centers.

/ 4110 Final Drive #5  
JDparts does not give much in the way of specs for the gear other than weight. 4.23 lbs or 1.92 KG. You might want weigh your gear. If the weight matches or is a little lighter (for the missing pieces) take a chance on the JD part.

/ 4110 Final Drive #6  
I doubt you will find a dealer with this in stock. Not saying it can't be ordered, just not stocked.

/ 4110 Final Drive
Great idea about the weight, will check it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I spoke to a couple of dealers today and they all shared the point that no dealer keeps this on stock.

One was extra helpful and told me JD have a policy where non-stock parts can be returend with 25% off, and since the gear is approx $270 I'm only gambling with $68.

With a confirmtion on the weight numbers as suggested I guess I will place the order.

/ 4110 Final Drive
Can this site be trusted?

It says the largest dimension is 33cm = 330mm (13") which is a HUGE gear. By all my certainty regarding picture comparasion it shouldn't be a chance for such a big gear to fit in the final drive housing of the 4110. Or perhaps it is including packaging?

EDIT: Since they are stateing "shipping weight" specifically, perhaps it should be understood that the dimensions are shipping dimensions also? What do you think?

jd_X.JPG

Last edited:
   / 4110 Final Drive
weighed it now, 1856 grams

So 64 grams below the specified weight which makes me even more certain that the measurements must be including packaging. No way a 330mm gear would weight only 1,92kg.

I will now start to call after a service point who can order it for me and I will have to gamble with a 20% penalty upon eventual re-stocking.

The saga continues :D

/ 4110 Final Drive
So I found a nice dealer that promised to help me confirm my measurements with OEM JD parts, so hopefully I will get an answer from them today - followed by an order of the parts i need.

However yesterday I continued to disassemble, and removed the final drive on the right side too. Idea is to take out the differential which is fastened from the right hand side, and get a good view into the gearcase to inspect and clean. However I was a bit surprised and chocked when metal chips started to fall out of the right hand side drain plug as well.

Once apart I could see that the gear and pinion was in good shape but the bearing had lost half its balls and once placing all the balls in the bottom of the bearing I could make the axle play approx 3mm up and down.

So I need to change this side's bearings as well, but hopefully nothing else, however it will become very evident if that's the case when I get the diff out.

To my question, any clues as to why this has happened?
Are theese tractors (question beeing directed assuming this is a JD 4110 doppelganger) known for busting theese bearings?

slutväx-hög.JPG