JD compacts made in Japan & China

/ JD compacts made in Japan & China #1  

Wan4me

Tractor
Looking
I posted this in the Chinese thread. Here is the link. Anyone know if the Chinese made JD's are better than the Japanese made JD's. Are any of these JD's imported to the U.S.?

Please, I am sure there will be many denials of this but I really am looking for people who know the actual answer to this question.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=china

/ JD compacts made in Japan & China #2  
I don't know about the JDs made in China but I am happy to say my 4110 was made in Japan by Yanmar. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ JD compacts made in Japan & China #3  
Looks like JD is wisely making in-roads into the Asian market. Since JD also makes that model here in the U.S., I would bet the units that are made there are sold and used in that trade bloc. It's really the same philosophy Toyota, Honda, and Kubota employ when they establish manufacturing and assembly operations closer to the user/consumer market. Not only do they gain market credibility and consumer confidence, they avoid crippling trade costs in the form of transporting finished goods, import tariffs, and perhaps even embargos on some U.S. products preventing import into some Asian provinces. In other words, if it's a Deere made in China it's probably a whole lot easier to sell and place in the pipeline in China.

We all feel better spending money on Japanese products made or assembled right here in the U.S. I guess the Chinese are no different.

My 2210's pretty much all Yanmar. If there is something M.I.U.S.A., I'm not sure what it would be. Light bulbs and lenses, maybe? Decals....? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ JD compacts made in Japan & China #4  
<font color="green">Pete, I think the tires on my 2210 say Made in the USA. Mike </font>

/ JD compacts made in Japan & China #5  
Anyone know if the Chinese made JD's are better than the Japanese made JD's

Impossible! Nobody can make a better tractor than a Japanese made JD /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif That's the answer you were looking for, right?

Member of the Proud Japanese-Made-JD Owners Association since 2003

/ JD compacts made in Japan & China #6  
I'm sure that JD, like many other manufacturers, is falling all over themselves to get into the Chinese market. If the Chinese government treats tractors like air conditioning compressors (which my employer produces) they will not allow externally manufactured units to be sold in China. In other words, if you want to sell JD tractors in China, they have to be manufactured in China. The compressors we build in China are also manufactured in a few other factories around the world. The Chinese made units have a signifcantly higher failure rate than the ones built elsewhere. I have not visited there yet myself, but a few people who have say that the Chinese idea of a "clean room" is simply a room without livestock running through it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ JD compacts made in Japan & China #7  
I have not visited there yet myself, but a few people who have say that the Chinese idea of a "clean room" is simply a room without livestock running through it.

Yes, they sometimes employ that methodology to restraunts as well.
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ JD compacts made in Japan & China #8  
Is this obvious?

<font color="red">Just because Deere builds tractors in China, does not automaticly mean that a jinma or dongfeng is the same as a Deere.</font>

Mine is not a made in Japan Deere, but I have had a Yanmar, and what I have seen of the Chinese would not say they are BETTER.

I saw that Northern's jinma tractors were actually MORE expensive than my John Deere, so why would I look twice at them?

/ JD compacts made in Japan & China #9  
Really? What model compaired to what model... I see the nortracs 30hp is only like 9999 or something.. I didn't think a domestic brand could touch that price... only other imports like eicher, branson, etc..

Soundguy

/ JD compacts made in Japan & China #10  
Yea it's like buying a Yugo compared to a Camry. There is a huge difference. Just because JD doesn't build a part somewhere they have strict quality control over every part built. JD is not just a US company. They are global. Alot of our stuff made here goes back on the same boats that bring tractors here. If it has the JD name it has the JD quality. Don't evne try and say that about a nortrac or any of the other cheaply made off-brands. I'm also not saying JD is the only quality made unit but that's what we're talking about here.