4520 on lot

/ 4520 on lot #1  

GreatWhitehunter

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
I stopped by my local deere dealer the other day to check out a 4520 they have.
It's a 2013 with 400x loader. After checking it out I noticed a lot of small rust imperfections from it sitting outside for a while.
Nothing faded or serious just cosmetic. The unit also had about 100 "demo" hrs on the meter.
I pointed these imperfections out to the salesman he brushed it off as I expected, I also mentioned the fact I wouldn't be purchasing with the 400x loader.
I explained I wanted either a new CX or the current self leveling H series.

I would really like to stick with a non tier 4 engine but want to make sure I get the best deal I can on what I consider a used/demo unit.
Being this is a non current model what is a realistic price for this machine. It's an ehydro with 3rd scv and r4's.

Matt

/ 4520 on lot #2  
I stopped by my local deere dealer the other day to check out a 4520 they have.
It's a 2013 with 400x loader. After checking it out I noticed a lot of small rust imperfections from it sitting outside for a while.
Nothing faded or serious just cosmetic. The unit also had about 100 "demo" hrs on the meter.
I pointed these imperfections out to the salesman he brushed it off as I expected, I also mentioned the fact I wouldn't be purchasing with the 400x loader.
I explained I wanted either a new CX or the current self leveling H series.

I would really like to stick with a non tier 4 engine but want to make sure I get the best deal I can on what I consider a used/demo unit.
Being this is a non current model what is a realistic price for this machine. It's an ehydro with 3rd scv and r4's.

Matt

What kind of price he give?

/ 4520 on lot #3  
Matt,
Not sure if being non current (tier 3) detracts from the tractors value. Some buyers prefer the tier 3 over the tier 4 which is more costly. In my locale I would still expect to see about 18% off list and some minor extras thrown in buying that tractor.

/ 4520 on lot
What kind of price he give?

He did not, gave me the "he'd have to look it up" line and I had an appointment to get to.
I'll inquire further tomorrow when I have more time. I'm thinking the base tractor without loader should be in the low to mid twenties?

Matt

/ 4520 on lot #5  
Maybe just me but 100 hours is not "demo" in my books - it is "used." I'd either be looking for more than the "standard" discount.
Also, perhaps to hasty to jump to judgement, but your sales rep doesn't totally sound like the kind of guy I'd prefer to deal with.

If you have not already done so, you might want to check prices here:
http://www.tractorhouse.com/list/li...=exact&bcatid=464&Pref=0&scf=false&HDROR=desc

/ 4520 on lot #6  
100 hours? Yeah that's one heck of a demo!

/ 4520 on lot
My thought's exactly, although he did say it would come with a new warranty. As for the dealer, it's unfortunate that he operates this way. His attitude is exactly why I didn't purchase my 3320 from him. However all the other surrounding dealers have no more 4020 stock.

I'm really looking for a substantial discount on this unit, but if I don't get it I'll look else where. It would be convenient however and I may pursue a trade with my 3320 and some cash. Of course that all depends on his value.

Matt

/ 4520 on lot #8  
My thought's exactly, although he did say it would come with a new warranty. As for the dealer, it's unfortunate that he operates this way. His attitude is exactly why I didn't purchase my 3320 from him. However all the other surrounding dealers have no more 4020 stock.

I'm really looking for a substantial discount on this unit, but if I don't get it I'll look else where. It would be convenient however and I may pursue a trade with my 3320 and some cash. Of course that all depends on his value.

Matt

Agree with comments on 100 hours-that is a lot of demo time. Just another thought. I have a 400 X on my 4720. don't loose sight of the fact that for all the benefits of a self leveling loader, you loose lifting capacity. Eastern CT? Check out Padula Bros. Two locations, Lancaster Mass (30 minutes east of Worcester) and Raynham MA.

/ 4520 on lot #9  
Agree with comments on 100 hours-that is a lot of demo time. Just another thought. I have a 400 X on my 4720. don't loose sight of the fact that for all the benefits of a self leveling loader, you loose lifting capacity. Eastern CT? Check out Padula Bros. Two locations, Lancaster Mass (30 minutes east of Worcester) and Raynham MA.

The 400cx has more lift capacity than a 400x. About 20 % more I think.

/ 4520 on lot
The 400cx has more lift capacity than a 400x. About 20 % more I think.

That's why I'm after the cx or h180. I want the largest lift capacity I can get. I'd actually be looking for a used 110 but all the recent tranny issue threads give me pause. I will look into padula bros. Thanks for the the suggestion,I had forgotten about them.

Matt