4110 vs. 4115

/ 4110 vs. 4115
Thanks, Kenny. I don't know how the dealer will differentiate the two models on the bottom line. I think if I can get a 4115 within $1,500, I'd be really stressed about a decision. I keep thinking of all the attachments, such as seeders, power rakes, and chippers that will gobble up PTO horsepower and benefit from an additional 200+ pounds of meat in the machine when the time comes. That's about the only reason I'm on the fence.

There are other factors influencing my *possible* decision to upgrade from the 2210. I'll share it all with you good TBN folks as the plot thickens.

Any 4115 owners out there who can speak to the comparison?

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #12  
Did you say <font color="green">4310</font>? We have a club... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Seriously, if you're thinking about going up, check out the mid chassis, (sounds like you are) You don't want to keep trading up.... Ok, maybe you do....

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #13  
This spring I bought a 4110 for duties similar to those you described. I considered the 4115 but decided on the 4110 for the smaller turning circle. What I wanted was the smallest chassis with full 3pt hitch capabilities, so the 2210 was eliminated. I am very pleased with the handiness of my 4110 in cutting around all my trees and mulch beds.

That said, I sure wish I could run a bigger finish mower and bush hog. I cut 1.5 acres of lawn which the 60" MMM does very nicely. I also have 3 acres of field which gets cut with the bush hog or the MMM depending on how long I neglect it. I think the 4115 would have adequate power to run a 5" bush hog and maybe even a 72" finish mower. I had a 950 previous to the 4110 and I used a 6" RMM that made really quick work of those 3 acres. I tried a 5" bush hog on the 4110 but it was just too much for it in anything but light conditions.

So if you're looking for manueverability the 4110 is great, nearly as handy as my GT275. However the extra power of the 4115 would be really useful.

Good Luck

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #14  
I must be one of the few, or else the only one, who is considering downsizing. I have a 4200. It's a real workhorse for loader work. But when I seriously look at my needs around here - it's mostly mowing. The 4200 is too heavy to use on the lawn. So I'm looking at selling or trading it in for a 2210 with MMM. I'll be able to more quickly mow around house than with my 42" husky. And my pastures are smooth enough now for a finish mower. I'll suffer on the heavy loader work, but most of the time the loader is used for moving a couple bags of mulch, cement, etc. And if the trade-in value comes out good than I may owe only a little when it's all done. I'll know this week.

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #15  
CAMOOPEDS=Greenfever in my book.

Big Pete, You need to post more often. On the other hand, I can't pick myself off the floor as easily as I used to.

Here's my perspective, (not to be taken seriously).
How big is Bigpete? BigPete might not look as big on a bigger machine. Of course, we want you to keep posting as BigPete no matter what you buy.

I still think the 4310 offers the best price per usage value. The only thing I wish is it had about 5 more HP so I can cut thru the deep stuff without slowing down too much. I would like to have a 4710.

My dealer let me drive the 4110 and 4115.

Last year when I purchased, my 4310 was $17,800 vs $15,000 for 4115. Both with ehydro, FEL, 4wd, R4's.

I have 26 acres and very little spare time. This includes the fact I can use my Fatherinlaw's 5420 anytime I need to. He calls my 4310 "a perfect weedeater" compliment to his tractor.

I do things on the 4310 due to the ehydro that we wouldn't even attempt on his machine...Kyle
PS. there are some good used deals out there too.

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #16  
Big Pete, I explained to my wife that I could now be self-diagnosed with CAMOOPEDS thanks to the medical expertise on TBN.

After consultation with the wife of a friend of mine, they are now talking about forming a new support group:

ESCAPE/MOOCH = Ex-Spouses of Chronic Adult Powertool Envy/ Male Obsessive Outdoor Chore Hyperactivity

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #17  
I have a 2210 and have contemplated the trade up a few times. I did not even consider anything under the 4115 as theres just not enough difference to justify the cost. I found the FEL, which is 90% of my use,
is the bigest reason for a trade up and a more solid 1 piece frame, bigger tires etc. I always come back to the same thing, If I cant trade up to a 2210 theres just not enough gain to justify the increased cost of a new one on top of the depriciation of the 2210. I plan on putting up a garage next year and then I will be after a 4410 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Gotta start working on the CFO early /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif