4110 vs. 4115

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #1  

bigpete

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4110 HST w/410 Loader and 60
Gentlemen and sages:

I'm loosely contemplating an upgrade to my 2210 depending on how my complicated life progresses in the next few weeks/months. I'm pretty focused on the 4110/4115 comparison. The only notable differences are:

1) A little over $2,000 approximate differential between the models

2) 4 HP gross, and 3 HP at the PTO

3) 5" in overall length, and 6.6" in wheelbase

4) 14.5" greater turning radius

5) 200 to 250 pounds (depending on source of info)

6) Slightly larger tires

7) Indirect (4110) vs. Direct injection(4115)

All of the above figures are larger/greater for the 4115. Did I miss anything?

My stats: 60% finish mowing 4+ acres; 20% loader work; 20% aerating, broadcasting, spraying, snow plowing, and pro bono work for marginally grateful neighbors.

If I won't miss the weight and HP at the PTO, why would I buy the 4115? Has anybody operated both, especially mowing? Will the 14" of turning radius make me (more) grumpy when I'm in a hurry trying to trim around landscaping and trees, or will I forget I ever had a smaller tractor?

T.I.A.

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #2  
I understand you own a 2210 and you are contemplating an upgrade to 4110-4115. Specs are specs, but if you want to make the upgrade worth it, I would go 4115. the 2210 and 4110 are way too similar in weight and operation to justify spending several Ks on trading. Besides, the 4115 can mount the 72" mower and can probably lift more in the loader given its heavier weight and longer wheelbase. And you do want more power, right? The 4115 probably has a meaner sound given its slightly larger engine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alex

JD 2210 - 54"sb, 62"mmm

/ 4110 vs. 4115
Thanks, Foreman. The loader capacity, etc, is identical.

The big question is---think realistically---if it was your money, would you spend the extra $2,000? I'll never need a 72" deck and both would handle a backhoe equally.

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #4  
Pete,

I don't have any comparison for you as I have the 4010. I can tell you that if I did it over again, I would have bought the 4110, but that is more a dollars and cents thing than it is a real need for a bigger tractor. My dealer missed over a grand in rebates and I didn't realize it until I found TBN, so even though he refunded the money, had I known about it at the time of purchase, I would have upgraded.

My real reason for writing is to ask why you are considering upgrading? Partially because I'm curious and partially because a lot of people recently have picked the 2210 over the 4010/4110/4115--maybe they had different needs. Anyway, you seem to be the typical (if there is such a thing) homeowner who looks hard at the 2210 and I'd be interested in your reason for a change.

Keep us posted.

Bob

/ 4110 vs. 4115
Hi, Bob.

I have a piece of investment property that I intend to begin working on in the next two years. It was a five-year plan when I decide to buy the 2210 but the timing seems right to begin now-- from a cash flow persepective. Also, a lot of land prep companies have slowed down a bit around here but they are still tooled up from a recent run of new housing development starts. I may have the land parceled into three lots this winter and have the building sites and drives cleared. I will hire out the heavy clearing and earth moving but will do most of the rest myself.

I have several possible plans spinning around in my head right now. One plan is to buy a good commercial mower for my homestead and move up to a 30-40 HP tractor --a two-machine plan, so to speak. Another is to upgrade to another single all-purpose tractor w/trailer. I've always planned on an upgrade in the future either way. Besides, winter is coming around and a shopping project is a nice diversion. As I said "...loosely considering an upgrade...."

Anyway, I love my 2210 but think it will be over-matched for the heavier loader work. I dug out a couple of stumps this fall and can see the limitations of the smaller cap loader now. In addition, my dealer has been tempting me with a couple of offers that I have to think about--all things considered.

Finally, I admit I suffer from the common condition known as CAMOOPEDS (Chronic Adult Male Onset Outdoor Power Equipment Deficiency Syndrome). There is no cure, but routine treatment is readily available in most areas of the Country. I'm just considering going in for a big dose that I hope will get me through the next few years. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The loader capacity, etc, is identical.

The big question is---think realistically---if it was your money, would you spend the extra $2,000? I'll never need a 72" deck and both would handle a backhoe equally. )</font>

Realistically, its NOT worth it if it handles implements the same way and you don't need a 72" deck. Not even if it were only 1000$ more. Money is so **** scarce! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But I agree with Bob in MN to raise the question : why upgrade the 2210? I say keep her awhile and rent a B21 when you need excavation done. That was the deciding factor for me when I purchased the 2210. I didn't want an akward, bulky, expensive CUT with dozens of coslty attachements to clutter up the lot. I would rent one if I needed one. Instead, I wanted a strong diesel mower/blower that could fit in the garage. If you do want loader/backhoe, go 4210 instead, much stronger than the 41xx. (I believe the 4115 and 4210 gear are close if not the same in price)

But it's up to you. You seem almost convinced the 4115 isn't justified over the 4110. Therefore you should narrow it down to 2210 vs. 4110. Go try them out and price them to get a solid idea.

As long as you stay GREEN! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 4110 vs. 4115
<font color="blue"> You seem almost convinced the 4115 isn't justified over the 4110. </font>

Yup, just looking for validation of that hypothesis or some reference from a 4115 owner that will convince me to spend that money. I think we posted at about the same time on the last message, and that tells part of the rest of the story. My secondary plan includes a 4310 and a commercial front-mount mower with a diesel. My wife just LOVES that one.

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #8  
I looked hard at 4110 versus 4115

I drove the 4110 and really liked it

I decided on the 4115 because of the few extra HP - for the implements I wanted I was recommended the extra HP

Ordered the 4115

then the turning circle preyed on my mind

as you say they've lengthened it compared to the 4110 - I guess to give greater stability if pulling ground engaging implements??

after the weekend I called the dealer and changed the order to a 4410

I thought for me it was not too many more US$$ (or GB££ in my case) - quite a lot more power, very similar turning circle and of course because of the greater weight more stability for backhoe/loader work etc - and for ground engaging implements I thought the weight would be good

whether or not I made a good decision I don't know as I don't have it yet!

cheers Mike

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #9  
Thanks for the info Pete,

I figured you had one of two scenarios:

1. Additional projects

2. You simply wanted a bigger tractor.

Looks like a little of both /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Whatever you decide, please keep us updated. You are a pioneer for this type of upgrade and since I may be doing this at some point, I'd like to hear how you made out.

One thing's for sure--if land in your area is anything like it is by me--you made a wise choice in your investment.

Bob

/ 4110 vs. 4115 #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Did I miss anything? )</font>

2 more gallons of fuel I think?

I looked hard at the two also, and decided on the 4110 because:
Loader capacity the same.
3PH capacity the same.
Don't need a 72" deck.
Saved $$$$
Liked the tighter turn radius.
And I like the simple design of a Indirect Injected engine(that is what I have in my truck also) versus the DI engines.

Just my thoughts....