Buying Advice John Deere Quality

/ John Deere Quality #1  

abundyg

Tractor
John Deere 3720
I have purchased 2 of the 3x20 series of tractors. The first of which was a 3520 approximately 30 months ago and upon recieving that tractor i had several problems one of which was the pto selector wouldn't change in between the mid and rear pto. The dealer brought it back and stated they found that a clip wasn't properly installed in the rear end. They then sent that tractor back to me and i had it less than 2 days and the rock shaft valve went on it. The dealer then gave me options of upgrading with some additional costs to me to a 3720. which i did and that tractor was fine from then till i sold it. I just purchased another 3720 in january and upon recieving this tractor i had a few issues initially like it wouldn't get up to speed and the rear pto would keep disengaging stating RIO error. Dealer took the tractor back and stated all this was fixed. Then upon using the tractor the first day after getting it back in less than ten minutes the mid pto quit working. I then went to take it for a ride to check the speed and the turbo went out of it blowing smoke and oil all over. Also the front axle seal went out. Therefore the tractor went back to the dealer and they supposedly went through it again. Since then i have went to put together the 665 tiller that i purchased new in the crate and upon opening the crate the paint on one of the tubes was flaking right off and laying on top of the tiller. Of which i have been dealing with my dealer on this and from the sounds of it John Deere is telling them to come pick the tiller up and take it back to the dealership and completely deisassemble the tiller and get it painted and then reassemble it and send it back to me. I find this just amazing that now i will have to be without my tiller for i am sure over 2 weeks during the time that i will need it. Then i also have purchased a John Deere backhoe model 375 and upon assembling that i found the bucket had a chip out of the side of it. I am not sure if they are going to do anything for this or not. I guess the moral of the story is i have spent over 100k on John Deere equipment in the last 30 months and have been totally amazed on the lack of quality control they must have.

/ John Deere Quality #2  
Why did you sell the first 3720?

/ John Deere Quality
I sold the first 3720 because i wanted to have the new warranty and upgrade my attachments.

/ John Deere Quality #4  
Why are you assembling all the attachments?
Dealers usually do that and they touch up the paint or fix anything dinged in shipping before you ever see it.

/ John Deere Quality
I bought the tractor and they didn't have these attachments in stock so it was easier to have them shipped to my house and assemble them there.

/ John Deere Quality #6  
Got it, I hate your bad luck with the brand. It is unusual, especially with that series of tractor.
As far as the attachments, the dealer still should have taken delivery at their location and gone through them.

Wish you better luck in the future.

/ John Deere Quality #7  
what all have you bought for 100k

/ John Deere Quality #9  
Wow, that is some bad luck! Have a few friends with Deere's and only one of them had any issues. I don't recall what it was but nothing too major. Have to admit that if I had your luck that would make me a little nervous of the brand.

Last edited:
   / John Deere Quality #10  
I have spent approx.nineteen thousand dollars over the last seventeen years on john deere equipment and have never had any of it back to the dealer for anything.jd 870 has 1300 hrs. jd x320 has 200 hrs.