Goodbye 2305, hello 1025r!

/ Goodbye 2305, hello 1025r! #1  

fpdsniper

Tractor
john deere 2305
Got my new Green ride a couple days ago. Still getting familiar with everything. I decided that I don't want to keep the Power Flow bagger system, so I posted it for sale. Anyhow, here's the old machine and the new one together:

/ Goodbye 2305, hello 1025r! #2  
sweet! why the upgrade, if I may ask? have the 2305, too, and have toyed with it but haven't found enough reasons to pull the trigger. but, I'm not as informed as I should be on it yet. will the loader convert? what gains convinced you?

/ Goodbye 2305, hello 1025r! #3  
sweet! why the upgrade, if I may ask? have the 2305, too, and have toyed with it but haven't found enough reasons to pull the trigger. but, I'm not as informed as I should be on it yet. will the loader convert? what gains convinced you?

Nice tractor!!!

When I was shopping for a subcompact 2 years ago, I was looking at used 2305s & 1026rs. The things that sold me on the 1026r were the following.

Much better seat suspension.

Drive over auto connect deck.

Position control on the 3 point hitch.

Being able to remove the 3 point hitch arms when using the mid mower deck, if you have the mechanical lift.

Folding ROPS.

/ Goodbye 2305, hello 1025r! #4  
enjoy your new ride.

/ Goodbye 2305, hello 1025r!

The 2305 is a 2007. The reason I replaced it is two fold. First, my wife owns an in home daycare business and we upgrade our tractor every few years for tax breaks. Second, my best friend owns a tractor business. He give me a "sworn to secrecy" deal on tractors. If I told you what I paid for it, you'd all hate me! Ha! Anyhow, I was just going to put a loader on the 2305, and he said, "Nah, let's put you in a 1025r at my cost". Couldn't say no! In the picture, I know the decks are are down. I took off the deck to wax it, apply Mo-Deck (I have no idea if it really works, but what the heck!) and play with the loader! I have the "optional" hydraulic deck lift, and kind of regretting that decision. I want my loader to work completely with the deck on! Oh, well. Is there upgrades available for the lights? I like as much light as I can get for plowing in darkness. Also, I took the mounts for the quick attach plow off my 2305, and held them up to the 1025r. It appears that all I will have to do, is get a small relief cut in one of the brackets to clear a bolt and my plow will fit! My hydraulic lines will be a little long, but other than that I should be good to go!

/ Goodbye 2305, hello 1025r! #6  
I have the "optional" hydraulic deck lift, and kind of regretting that decision. I want my loader to work completely with the deck on!

There is an optional hydraulic valve & outlets for the rear of the 1025r. Part number BLV10351. You can then use the rear outlets for your mower deck.

/ Goodbye 2305, hello 1025r! #7  
I have the "optional" hydraulic deck lift, and kind of regretting that decision.

Units I have seen with the optional hydraulic deck lift have a valve on the fender. Out the Joy Stick Control works the loader. In the Joy Stick Control raises and lowers the mower. On most, tilt the control lever to the left and the deck raises, tilt the lever to the right and the deck lowers. The control valve is usually located just above the decal on the left rear fender show in the first photograph. The decal is a pictorial guide on how the valve works. The second photo show the hose busy area underneath the right foot, with a numbering system where the houses connect.

Attachments

• 09 25 10_0023.jpg
    09 25 10_0023.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 3,173
  • 09 25 10_0024.jpg
    09 25 10_0024.jpg
    549.8 KB · Views: 1,435
   / Goodbye 2305, hello 1025r! #8  
Units I have seen with the optional hydraulic deck lift have a valve on the fender. Out the Joy Stick Control works the loader. In the Joy Stick Control raises and lowers the mower. On most, tilt the control lever to the left and the deck raises, tilt the lever to the right and the deck lowers. The control valve is usually located just above the decal on the left rear fender show in the first photograph. The decal is a pictorial guide on how the valve works. The second photo show the hose busy area underneath the right foot, with a numbering system where the houses connect.

The tractor pictured has a JD diverter valve. A JD diverter valve is not available for the 1025R.

/ Goodbye 2305, hello 1025r! #9  
There is yet a third option for the deck lift. The part number (I think) is LVB26207. It has a completely independent electro hydraulic valve. Here is a picture of the kit from a thread over on GTT.
It seems like it would be the way to go...no hooking and unhooking hoses.

Attachments

• IMG_20131017_132939_371_zpsaa78d52a.jpg
    IMG_20131017_132939_371_zpsaa78d52a.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 679
   / Goodbye 2305, hello 1025r! #10  
Deleted, could not post link to where the Kit was actually installed with pictures on ****************.com. The blocked out portion is Green Tractor Talk. Com. The GTT words are all together.