Goodbye 5203, hello 5325

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #1  

RollingsFarms

Veteran Member
Tractor
Few John Deere's and one Ford 3600 diesel.
   / Goodbye 5203, hello 5325
They've already taken it off the website so I'll post some pics when it arrives Thursday. It's a very clean tractor for only 600 hours.

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #3  
Good deal I cannot wait to see pics.

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #4  
I have a 5425. Nice tractors.

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #5  
As a 5303 owner, I am curious to hear your feedback on how the two compare.

As a 5303 owner, I am curious to hear your feedback on how the two compare.
One thing I can tell you is my 5203 held it's value very well. I was shocked to be honest because I thought it would lose more being a no frills tractor. They offered me $1000 less then what I paid for it brand new 6 years ago. Needless to say I was all over that.

The 5325 was $32900. That was with power reverser, transport from Ohio to SC, very clean low hour tractor, had the same loader as I have on my 5203 but newer. I also got a brand new Bush Hog bh16 for half price.

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #8  
Would you mind sharing with us how you did this? Did you go to Ohio to look at the tractor or just look at the video and talk over the phone? I take it your 5203 was a trade in, so how did Mast determine the value of your tractor?

Any other information you can share on how this transaction happened would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and have fun with you tractor!

It was very easy to be honest. See, I follow tractorhouse on YouTube (saved in my favorites on there) and Mast posts up videos of tractors on a regular basis. He also is one of the few dealers on there that does detailed videos, he doesn't make a 30 second video running around the tractor with the camera shaking the whole time with no information about the tractor, etc like some of the videos do. He does detailed walk-arounds, gives plenty of info about the tractor (the good AND the bad) and then you can go to his website and check out more pics and read more info. You can also call him or text him. It can be about as comfortable of buying a used tractor that you can't see as it gets. I really have no worries about what I'll be getting Thursday morning. The way it basically worked was he sent me TONS of pics, plus the video, also answered about 50 questions I had, gave me the serial number to run, told me anything and everything I could want to know about the tractor (the good and bad). In turn, I text him about 30-40 pics of my tractor, gave him my serial number to see that my Deere dealer had done all the service (he didn't ask for it but I offered it and it got more for the tractor because of that I think). The price already had the shipping figured into it so that was nice. Price was fair for what the tractor was and the condition it was in I thought. You know how you hear the Kubota owners rave about Barlow Equipment? Well, Mast Tractor is like Barlow except they sell used tractors and new attatchments. I think I've found my "used tractor" dealer for the future if I ever need another one. My local Deere dealers seem to get in nothing but worn out stuff or either used tractors that have the same price tag as a new one.

I didn't "steal" this 5325 by any means, but I got a very fair deal and it had a power reverser and low hours and hadn't been beat to death. It was exactly what I'd been searching for, for awhile now.

/ Goodbye 5203, hello 5325 #10  
Thank you for the detail on your response. I have watched a lot of Mast videos as well and as you said he does appear to be honest from the way he presents the tractors.